Monster

Down in the NYC sewer tunnels, Hisako sat in the center of a large junction. She was in a meditative position, her eyes closed and her breathing even. She focused on the slight sounds of water rushing through the tunnels, letting the soft gurgle drown out the voices flitting through her head.

"Your abilities are a wonderful gift," Splinter had told her in the dojo. "They give you a unique perspective of the world. However, if you come to rely on them too heavily, then should a time ever come where you cannot use them, you will be left helpless."

This was why she was out here now, strengthening her senses, as well as playing one of her sibling's favorite games: Ninja Tag.

The object of the game was for the turtles to tag Hisako without her hearing them. It had proven to be a fun training exercise, and a difficult challenge.

As Hisako focused on the water, she heard a single splash off to the left, followed by a muffled curse. In an instant, Hisako had a shuriken in her hand, which she quickly tossed in the direction of the noise. It landed right at the feet of Michelangelo, who let out a yelp as he jumped to avoid the projectile.

"You're out." Hisako called.

Mikey grumbled and sat down where he stood.

"And I was so close this time." He muttered.

Focusing more, Hisako heard a slight scraping noise off to the right, like wood against brick. Another shuriken quickly embedded itself into Donatello's staff.

"Out." She called again

Donny pulled the star out of his staff and sat down. He was slightly closer to Hisako than Mikey, but not by much. Hisako focused again, and this time, heard light footsteps coming up from behind her. She quickly twirled around, a shuriken going right at Raphael's face. He brought up his sai and blocked it, the metal star rebounding off his weapons with a bell-like chime.

"Out." she told him with a small smile.

Raph snarled in disappointment, plopping down on the floor. He was about ten feet away from Hisako, making him the closest to her.

"Now just one more." Hisako whispered.

She focused one more time, but heard nothing. It was almost completely silent. Until...

"Tag." Leonardo called, tapping Hisako on the top of the head with his sword sheath.

Hisako smirked, grabbing the sheath and standing up.

"Leo wins." She announced. "Again."

The turtles all gathered around her as she reached into her vest, pulled out a notepad from her pocket. He plucked out a pen and added a tally mark to Leo's column, sticking the pen behind her ear.

"Let's see..." She began as she quickly counted the marks. "That's 47 wins for Leo, 32 for Raph, with Donny following closely behind with 31, I have a whoppin' 27, and finally, Mikey with 12."

"Only 12?" Mikey whined.

"You keep making the same mistake with the puddle." Leo commented. "A ninja must always be aware of their surroundings."

Mikey grumbled again, but soon, a different grumbling caught everybody's attention. Mikey's stomach. He clutched it and sat down again.

"Well, I don't know about you guys, but I'm hungry."

Sure enough, four more stomachs began growling. Hisako chuckled and put the pad away.

"I'll go and get us some lunch." She volunteered. "How does pizza from Mario Brother's Pizzeria sound?"