Coming Home

Karai awoke slowly, her head feeling like someone had stuffed a poker in between her ears. She sat up slowly rubbing her head as she thought back to the vivid dream she'd had. It was like watching a movie in first person, seeing someone's life pass from their point of view. They were obviously the memories that the girl had forced upon her, ones that belonged to Hamato Yoshi.

Karai sat up as bits of the memories flittered through her skull. Points that clashed heavily with the stories that her father had told her. He had told her that her mother died in the temple fire, but the memories Yoshi had showed her surviving the fire. More than that, she was still pregnant at the time, so it couldn't explain the burns Karai herself had sustained.

Something wasn't right.

"Karai..." Saki's voice called out softly.

Karai looked over to see Saki sitting in a chair by her bed. Though his face was one of concern, Karai's vision flashed to an image of the furious Saki attempting to stab Yoshi with his double bladed gauntlet. Karai visibly flinched at the image, which caused Saki to become concerned.

"Are you alright?" He questioned.

Karai honestly didn't know if she was. She felt like her brain was at war, these foreign memories forcing her to question everything she'd been told growing up. Still, she had a feeling her father wouldn't understand her conflicted feelings, so she just gave a nod. Saki seemed to hesitate for a minute, but backed off a bit.

"That girl will suffer for the rest of her life for what she has done to you..." He swore. "Her, the monsters she clings to as brothers, and Hamato Yoshi."

Once more, images assaulted Karai's vision. However, these were different from the violent ones associated with Saki. These were of Yoshi with Tang Shen, cherry blossoms, and an image of him holding a baby girl. She rubbed her head a bit, then found a question slipping past her lips.

"Father... How did my mother die?" she asked.

Saki seemed taken aback by the question, turning to Karai curiously.

"You know what happened, Karai." He told her. "She was murdered, left to die in the fire that claimed our home by Yoshi."

Lies. She thought, surprising herself.

"Why do you ask?" Saki questioned.

Karai blinked, then turned away, laying back down.

"It's nothing." she told him. "Forget I said anything."

Saki gave a nod, then pulled the blanket over Karai, running his fingers through her hair.

"Just rest, my daughter." he told her softly. "Regain your strength."

He walked out of the infirmary, leaving Karai to rest. As she heard the door close, she just laid there, her mind drifting to the memories implanted in her skull. They no longer caused her pain, but they still wouldn't leave her be. She needed to know if they were true, and she knew she couldn't ask her father about them.

Sliding out of bed, Karai approached the pile of clothes that had been left out for her. She reached for them, then paused. Her armor was there too, as well as the belt with the tracking devices she'd used to find the turtles the first time. Deciding against them, she just slid on her regular clothes, leaving the armor and belt behind.

"I hope it's not too late to listen to them." Karai prayed.

Knowing the door to the infirmary would most likely be guarded, Karai turned towards a window. Taking a deep breath, she ran towards it, pulling her coat around her for protection.