Welcome to the Battle Nexus

"Cannonball!" Mikey shouted, taking a running jump off a small rock outcropping.

He splashed down in the crisp, clean waters of the lake outside Casey's Grandma's farmhouse, joining the Hamato family as they swam. As the orange turtle surfaced, he spat out a small stream of water, reclining on his shell happily.

"Man, this is the life." Mikey let out.

"I have to agree with him." Raph spoke up, floating on an inner tube Don had found in the garage. "This is nice."

"I'm glad Casey's mom let us borrow the farmhouse for the week." Hisako spoke up, letting her hair out of its usual ponytail before slipping into the water herself. "After the weeks- no, months we've had, we needed this."

"That's for sure." Leo agreed, climbing onto a small rock jutting out of the water. "It's nice to just kick back and not have any villains to fight for once."

"I can't believe that Shredder's really gone for good." Donny commented, sitting on the dock and kicking his feet in the water.

"I agree Donatello." Splinter told him, sitting on the grass in a meditative stance. "Saki's hold over our family is finally gone, and Miwa has found her place amongst the ranks of the true Foot Clan."

"I hope she's doing ok." Leo voiced.

"You kidding, she's a Hamato." Raph reminded him. "And a Hamato can make it through anything."

"Cheers to that, bro." Leo declared.

As the group continued talking, Mikey swam under the water towards the docks. As Donny continued kicking the water, Mikey grabbed his foot and pulled him in. Donny fell in with a yelp, coming up for air while coughing slightly.

"Mikey!" he screamed. "What the shell was that for?!"

"No reason you should be dry as a bone while we're all out here where a turtle should be." Mikey argued.

"Maybe I didn't want to get wet." Donny countered.

"Maybe you did, maybe you didn't," Mikey replied. "But you are, so nah, nah, nah-nah, nah."

"Oh, you are so gonna get it!" Donny declared tackling him.

They two went down into the water, the other three siblings grinning.

"Water fight!" they announced in unison, diving into the fray.

The five siblings all went at it, splashing and ducking one another without mercy. Splinter watched from the grass, shaking his head while smiling contently.

"Kids..." he said to himself.

Just then, the water began to swirl, forming a small whirlpool in the center of the lake. The siblings all surfaced, thankfully just on the outside of the freshly formed vortex.

"Hisako...?" Donny questioned.

"It's not me, I swear." she told him.

That's when the water began to funnel upward, opening and allowing the strangest looking man to emerge. He seemed to be almost translucent, his entire body shimmering as if it was made of water. He was wearing a traditional Japanese outfit reminiscent of the gyoji from Sumo Wrestling, as well as a white mask that covered his entire face.

"What the..." Raph let out.

"Hamato Clan of Dimension 5th Earth." the strange man announced. "On behave of the Daimyo, master of the Battle Nexus, I have come to extend an invitation to participate in the Tournament of Champions."