Chapter 23

I am so depressed. And tired and I just want to cuddle. But it's now six o'clock and we have to be downstairs in an hour.

"Harry..." I start and he hums to say he's listening, "I-I want to hurt myself," I whisper and fiddle with his fingers, as his hand is securely wrapped around my waist.

"Why baby? Did I hurt you before?" he asks and sounds panicked.

"No! You didn't. You were amazing," I smile slightly but he knows its a fake forced smile.

"Good, I wouldn't wanna hurt my baby, but why do you wanna hurt yourself?" he asks in a hushed voice, kissing my head.

"I don't know, I just feel so depressed, I guess I miss my family, and my brother, even though they hate me," I start to cry at the reminder that my family don't want anything to do with me.

"Awh baby, it's okay, I guess.. I'm your family now," he smiles at me and hugs me tight. Pressing me against his body. I yawn and he strokes my head.

"Go back to sleep if you're tired babe, I'll wake you," I nod and gently shut my eyes falling into a blissful sleep.

-Harry-

I shut the door behind me leaving Nialler to sleep. He's tired bless him, I've removed everything there is in my bathroom that he could potentially hurt himself with. I've binned them anyway.

I walk downstairs and my family are all waiting.

"Happy birthday, Harry!" they all say, well it's my mum, dad, Myrtal and Judith. They're like the only maids that are allowed to be around me, they've looked after me for a long time. I guess. Especially Myrtal.

"Thank you," I say and take a seat on the floor next to my mum.

"Where's Niall? That boyfriend of yours?" My mum smiles and I can't help the growing smile on my face. Until I look at my dad who looks disappointed.

But I smile at my mum anyway.

"He's upstairs, sleeping. I gave him my jumper before I left him and he's clinging on to it for fear life. He's still really tired, and.. Ugh.." I look at Myrtal as she knows about Niall. She nods for me to tell them.

"What is it sweety?" My mum asks.

"Niall is depressed, and suicidal and psychotic. He.. he hurts himself and I do everything I can to protect him from himself," I say and my mum rubs my back soothingly.

"You're a good man Harry, a very good man, you take care of Niall," my mum says and hands me a card and a small box.

"What is it?" she smiles and gestures for me to open it.

I open the card first and on the front is a little dog eating cake, I give my mum the 'really?' look and she laughs but nods.

"I thought it was really cute," I nod and open the card.

"To Harry, happy birthday my baby boy, lots of love mum and dad, Thanks mum and dad!" I thank them and open my present. The smallest box ever. In my opinion.

Inside though is a ring. It's got a little cross on it in black and the rest is silver.

"If you don't like it we can take it ba-" I interrupt my mum.

"No, I really like it," I take it out and slip it on my middle finger.

"Perfect," my mum says and claps her hands. She gets up and offers everybody a cup of tea. Which I kindly say yes to.

I open a few cards from people who are family friends and neighbours to our house and my mum comes back handing us all our cups of tea, or coffee in my dad's case.