Chapter 30

-Harry-

"James," Marcel states and stands up. My arms tighten protectively around Niall. Who's still asleep.

I think I'll try to get out of here.

"Harry! How have you been? Heard about dad. Our fuck of father... Wait.. who is that?" James stands above me and shit.

"You stay away from him," Marcel warns standing in front of me and Niall. Thank you Marcel Styles.

"Why should I? What's little Harry gonna do, yell and scream 'stop stop!' Again?" James fires at us and he goes to step at me as I stand up with Niall attached to me, Marcel protecting us.

"Harry?" Niall whispers to me and I pretend to wipe at my mouth but I whisper down to him instead.

"Pretend to be asleep baby," he nods a little and shuts his eyes again. Staying completely still.

"I see.. you've got a favourite.. Marcel you can not protect him forever.. not when I'm in charge," James threatens. I flinch a little. Niall's heart rate speeding up. Marcel pushes James out the room harshly and I make a run for it with Niall. I speed to my room and lock the door behind me and Niall.

"Was that.."

"James. Yes." I reply quickly.

"Baby you stay away from him. He's a cruel fucked up person and who knows what he knows. He knows everything and everyone. He's got eyes everywhere and ears. He just.. he'll get to you with your weaknesses. Make you put up a fight, then when you can't fight no more.. he knocks you out with his words," I gently explain to Niall who's sort of half asleep.

"I'll stay away. He sounded scary," suddenly there's a knock at the door and Marcel's voice sounds through it.

I let him in after knowing it's him and he has Chloe with him.

"We don't have much time before James comes back from a phone call, he's in the garden," Marcel smiles at Niall.

"Niall this is Chloe.. Chloe Niall. Harry's boyfriend," Chloe smiles kindly at me and Niall.

"Hello.." she's sad deep inside and I know Niall can see that. He looks at her with a sympathetic smile.

"Why are you with him?" Niall asks straight up and Chloe shakes her head.

"He used to be so so kind.." Marcel and me nod at Niall for confirmation.

"He sounds like a dick," Niall never does tell a lie... About how he feels about people.

"Well, he is, you seem lovely though, Harry I never did think you batted for that team!" Chloe admits with a smile. She probably hasn't smiled in years.

"Well I do!" I confirm and she laughs before her smile drops again.

"I should get back.. nice meeting you both, well again in your case Harry," Niall waves a goodbye before they both leave again.

"What a poor girl.. she's abused. Physically and emotionally," Niall says to me, staring at the door she left from before meeting my eyes.

"How do you know?"

"There's bruises down her arms. And her smile dropped so suddenly," he says and his gaze wanders off to look at a space and he just stares.

"Baby? You okay?" I ask him and click a few times in front of his eyes. He looks at me and nods. He climbs over to me and nestles his face into my neck.

"I just need cuddles," I wrap my arms round his shoulder and snuggle him close to me.

"Well my baby is always welcome for cuddles," he blushes at the nickname, "have you heard from your mum since the last time we saw her? At the ball?" I ask and Niall shrugs.