Graduation

Akira POV

"Today we are throwing our caps in the air, getting ready to go different ways to tackle the world head on my friends, and to start on the very first phase of adult life with all it implies..." I yawned loudly into the sleeve of my burgundy gown earning some glares and shushes of my fellow graduating peers. I gazed around the field filled with balloons, streamers and confetti with the words 'Congratulations to the graduating class of 2015!' 

"No more running home to mom, but making her proud of the lives we lead and showing our dads we're not dumb." Damn, did this nigga ever shutup? I sucked my teeth loudly, earning yet another set of glares my way. I rolled my eyes as T'Keisha Moore turned around in her seat, mean mugging me as she held her finger up to her lips. I did it back in return causing her to shake her head and mumble something under her breath as she turned back around. "Yeah, that's right hoe." I said lowly before blowing out a sigh of relief as the valedictorian announced finished up with his long ass speech. I swear I ain't ever seen that nigga on campus before. 

"And with that, let us toss our hats into the air, to announce the marking of a new beginning!" I cheesed hard, squealing as i stood up in my seat to toss my graduation cap into the air not caring where it landed. 

"Ayeeee! Let's go Shakira, O-KAYY I see you!" Most of the people around me turned to stare behind them and into the section where all the family members and friends awaited. I bursted into laughter while looking over my shoulder to see Tadoe loud ass calling from the back, all the other families of the graduating class shooting him daggers as if mentally saying, 'Boyyyy if you don't shut yo loud frog ass up!' I giggled while turning to run back to them, pushing past the other graduated who were being embraced by their mothers, fathers, sisters and brothers. At times i'd feel a tinge of sadness for the sole reason that I didn't have my mother, or father for that matter. 

"Y'all rowdy as fuck!" I playfully shoved Tadoe as he engulfed me into a big ass hug, using his chin to ruffle and mess up my perfected curls. I groaned while in his chest but still hugged him back before realizing the smell coming off of him. "Damn, the fuck you been boy you stank!" I squirmed outta his hold while pinching my nose together. "You smell like boiled hot dog water..." I heard my cousin Griselda choke out a laugh from beside Tadoe as she sucked his teeth smelling under his arm nonetheless while mumbling a 'you play too damn much..' under his breath. 

"Chicccaaaa! finalmente lo hizo!!" She squealed while bringing me into her small arms lovingly. I smiled back as she kissed my cheek. I'd finally graduated from the University of Illinois with a Master's Degree at 21 but i had no idea what I was planning on doing with it. I loved rapping and spitting shit even though everyone in the group said I couldn't rap for shit. I knew they was frontin' though. Next to Keith, I was the image of GBE, FUCK YOU MEAN?

"Where everybody else at?" I tilted my head as Tadoe, Griselda and I began to make our way out into the parking lot, loud music already bumping from one of the cars as the tires began to squeal. I frowned in the direction of the car as it began speeding it's way up to the three of us, my body going rigid as I knew exactly what was bound to happen next. 

"Griselda, duck!" both Tadoe and I shouted as he pulled out his gold glock from inside the waistband of his jeans and I pulled mine out from inside my graduation gown. This was Chiraq- we always needed to stay strapped. Real shooters never get breaks. 

"Pussy ass nigga, i told you i want my fuckin' chain back!" three gunshots were fired in our direction as the car drove by us, and made a sloppy u-turn. From inside the getaway vicehle i made out 5 men in total- 2 in the front and 3 in the back all wearing ski masks of different colors. Everybody around us screamed and ducked underneath their cars including Griselda, except for Tadoe and I as we continued to shoot the car down until they disappeared in sight. 

"AY DIOS MIO!" A cry sounded from underneath Tadoe's lamborghini as a pool of blood began to form. I dropped my glock and cursed underneath my breath. "Gissy!" Tadoe and I both helped to pull her half dead body from underneath the car and I bit back a scream while noticing the gunshot wound pierced through her lower back. 

"Bitch, I told you to stay under the fuckin' car!" I got up quickly from the concrete never being the one to deal with seeing blood easily. Tadoe glared at me while lifting her up bridal style and carrying her into the backseat of his lambo. "Aye, don't blame her for nun a this, aigh? That's yo fuckin' cuzzin, Kira." I flipped him the finger while sliding into the backseat with Gizzy, placing her head onto my lap gently. "Just drive the fuckin' car, nigga!" I slapped the back of his head as he mean mugged me from the rearview mirror. Gizzy was reciting spanish prayers under her breath as tears streamed down her mocha colored skin, the tips of her long straightened black hair soaked in blood as she squirmed her head back and forth in my lap, her eyes fluttering gently. 

"Mami you gotta stay with me, okay? Don't close your eyes...not yet." My voice didn't crack once as I stared down into the beautiful face of my baby cousin, not a single tear shed. Not yet. I watched as John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital came into view from where we were; thankfully my university was only 10 minutes away from the local Hospital. I heard Keith's Faneto go off signaling Tadoe's phone was ringing. He quickly answered it while driving down the main road. I kept my vengeful eyes down on Griselda, her lids already sealed shut from 3 minutes ago. 

"Yeah man them same fuck niggas from Cali pulled up on us at Kira's grad- aye, watch where the fuck you going foh I pull up on yo blind ass! You lucky i'm in a fuckin' rush too!!" Tadoe yelled out the window before bringing the phone back to his ear. "Yeah, no man she right here," He stole a glance to me from the mirror and I raised an eyebrow. "'course she fine, Fredo- bitch can take care of herself just fine mane!" At this point Tadoe seemed annoyed as he pulled up to the main entrance of the Hospital. "just bring your nappy headed ass down here mane, that's all ima say." With that, he chucked his phone back into his pocket and helped me get Gizzy out of the backseat carrying her bridal style once again and into the Hospital. At this point a few paparazzi members were hanging outside as we hurried inside, TMZ news members hurdling questions to both Tadoe and I as we ignored them both. Somebody from the campus must've called and told them what'd happened. Disadvantages of being a rapper.

-- 

a:n- Hope you enjoyed this chapter and it wasn't too confusing, basically Griselda only really speaks Spanish as you will all find out in the next chapter more about what Akira and Griselda look like. I won't be adding cast members cause you mst all know what the GBE members look like loll... but yeah enjoy! and rate!!