At Your Best

Akira's POV

It had been a few months since the pregnancy news and everything seemed to be going fine, even though i didn't know how the fuck i was gon' be a mom or if i was even ready or just doing this for Fredo, i decided to push it into the back of my mind.

"..And there's the heart!" I snapped back to reality while lying on my back in the doctor's office, my eyes moving to watch the screen monitor as the ultrasound showed the image of the small fetus in black and white. Gizzy who was sitting by me gasped and brought her hand to her mouth. I rolled my eyes. this bitch better not be crying again i thought to myself while watching her. She looked back to me with tears in her eyes. 

"it's so precious.." She clutched her heart whispering and i shot her a look. I was only 3 months pregnant and i had the bitchy mood swings already. 

"It certainly is, Miss. Mejia." The nurse chuckled and i ignored them both just staring at the monitor in front of me. Was that really inside of me? Another human being? growing and developing? A part of me was happy, but another part felt upset. Was i really bout to have a kid at 21 wit a man that i wasn't even sure was finna be around for me in a couple of years? How did i know he wasn't just gonna support me for the 9 months and chuck up the deuces? I sighed listening to Gizzy and the nurse talk about babies and shit. 

"Can y'all shut the fuck up already, damn!" I said out loud and the both of them zipped up. The Spanish nurse smiled at me politely and Gizzy gave me a dirty look. "Well, everything seems to be going just fine, i'll see you again next month for your check up. Bye Miss Mejia, bye Griselda." The nurse said and quickly left the room. I smiled to myself watching her leave before Gizzy got up from her chair and got all up in my face. 

"Bitch why you gotta be so damn rude? Jeez," She said while holding out her hand to help me sit up. I took it and eased myself up and hopped down the couch. I shrugged and grabbed my handbag. She took her things and we both left, walking out the doctor's office and back towards my car. I rubbed my stomach and frowned. "I'm hungry what's nearby?" I said and licked my lips. Gizzy sucked her teeth. "Bitch we just came from iHop tho," Gizzy said and i gave her a look. "AND?!" I yelled to her across the parking lot. She just shook her head and got in the car. I got in the car and instantly Bad N Boujee started playing. Me and Gizzy both groaned. 

"Change this kaka!" She said while covering her ears. I laughed and changed the station. That shit was lame as hell, we ain't fuck wit MigHOES round here it was straight gang shit. Cuban and Molly started blasting from the speakers and we both started turning up. 

"AYE AYEEEE! PULLUP ON YO BLOCK WE GON LET IT BLOW! WE DON'T TALK TO SNITCHES WE DON'T FUCK WIT HOES!" I rapped while swerving in traffic and everyone was blowing us. I laughed and flipped them all the finger. 

"YOU FAKE ASS RAPPERS BOUT TO GET EXPOSED, I JUST SENT YO MAMA TO THA CORNER STORE!!" Gizzy rapped and we all headbanged and shit all the way to the Wendy's drive thru. I pulled up and ordered a spicy sriracha chicken sandwich with a large cherry coke and some fries. 

"Whatchu want G?" I asked to Gizzy and she shook her head. I raised my eyebrow. "Bitch you just as greedy as me, you sure?" I asked and she nodded. 

"Girl i'm getting too fat i need to loose some weight," She said and i sucked my teeth. "Bitch you ain't fat- CHOP, now that's one fat hefty mothafucka!" I said and she laughed a little before shaking her head and patting her flat ass stomach. "I mean it puta, i checked the scale this morning and i'm like 148." She said and i shrugged while driving up to the counter. This old ass white man smiled at me and Gizzy and i gave him a nasty look throwing my 20 bill to him and then rolling up my window all the way. That nigga looked like that old fucking perverted man off Family Guy.