Waiting Game

Akira's POV

I continued to sulk out in the waiting room of John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital my arms folded underneath my chest as I blew out several breaths of anticipation. Gizzy had been in the operation room for over 6 hours, and I still hadn't heard a single word. Not from the surgeons, receptionists- not even a single call from Aunt Rosalinda her mother.  If that's what you called them these days. Tadoe's rude ass had already fell asleep in the chair beside me, and I resisted the sudden urge to splash the nigga with water and post it on Instagram, like the boys and I always do. Funniest part was he'd never get mad. 

"Dónde está mi bebé! dónde está mi bebé!" (Where is my baby!) My face twitched out of annoyance while staring down the hallway to watch aunt Rosalinda dramatically stagger her way through into the hospital, pushing all the nurses and doctors urging her to calm down away. "No, you calm down bitch! My daughter just got shot-don't touch me!" Her thick and heavy hispanic accent rolled off her tongue as she shoved past the nurses nearly decking one on the ground. I continued to watch the scene unfold under hooded eyes and a smirk, wishing i had a hot cup of peppermint tea right about now. 

"Damn, Rosie got ass..." I scrunched up my nose while looking to my right, seeing Tadoe rubbing at his eyes while sitting up from the chair. I noted his stank ass breath and turned my head to gaze back at my auntie who now brushed herself off while flipping her 24 inch cambodian over her shoulder. I still didn't understand why she chose to wear weave, everyone in my family had thick honduran roots, myself included. We all had thick long hair and beautiful caramel/chocolate skin that raised the eyes of men and lowered the eyes of females. Intimidation, maybe. Tadoe got up from his seat and offered it to Rosalinda just as she approached us, hatred in her eyes as she stared me down, not even thanking Tadoe as she sat down next to me. 

"What the hell did you do to her?" She spat. Literally. 

"I don't think I like your tone of voice, Auntie." I spat back while wiping off my cheek subtly. She scoffed, shaking her head as she looked me in the eye. 

"Listen to me, mija (Daughter) if you let my fucking child die I swear it will be a bloody fucking scene. You don't want none of this, puta. Let's not forget who taught you how to aim, load and shoot your very. first. gun." She smiled down at me sweetly flashing all her pearly whites. My face remained calm and emotionless as I watched her squirm and slightly move in her seat under my blank stare. She scoffed and quickly rose back up onto her feet while glaring down at me. This hoe really thought she was doing something.

"Good. Stay silent, just the way i like it. You look better with your mouth closed anywho." And with that she stormed off down the hall, clutching her Michael Kors clutch to her stomach as her heels clacked loudly before disappearing around the corner. Bitch went the wrong fuckin' way. 

"Dumbass hoe." I mumbled underneath my breath, not wanting to deal with no shit today. I sighed as Tadoe came back from wherever the fuck he went, mouth stuffed with some gooey shit. I wasn't even gonna guess. 

=======

2 HOURS LATER. 

"Family of Miss. Griselda Mileena Mejia?" I jumped out of my seat and rushed in front of the surgeon, noting the amount of blood that coated his sleeve and gloves as he smiled down at me with recognition. The amount of times the entire squad and I have been in and outta here was ridiculous. Sometimes shit wasn't even from shoot-outs or anything, the niggas were just plain stupid. 

"Dr. Lewis, please tell me my cuz straight?" I pleaded while looking up at him. He nodded slowly before blowing out a sigh. "Yeah, yeah, she's alright not to worry Kira, but her spine was fractured and her shoulder was dislocated. When she came in I was a hundred percent sure she wasn't going to ever be able to walk again but... the surgery prevailed. She's been begging and cussing me not to let her stay overnight so..I'll write up her prescription and send you and...your brother on your way." He nodded his head back to a snoring Tadoe who had cookie crumbs all over his chest. I rolled my eyes and nodded just happy I was getting more time to spend with my cousin. He walked away and I shook my head storming back to Tadoe to smack him in the mouth.