Distance Between Us

Chapter 38

Josh's POV:

"Josh, you'll see me again don't worry." Maya said as she looked deep into my eyes. I could tell she was forcing a smile, before I knew it she was walking away.

I couldn't help but felt hurt seeing Maya walk away. For some reason I had a bad feeling about her leaving but I knew it was also for the best.

Suddenly I heard the school bell rang and started walking towards my English classroom, I looked down to the floor while I walk over to my English classroom. Before I know it I bump into someone.

"Josh?" I heard the person who I bumped into say. I looked up and it was my friend, Olivia.

Olivia and I have been best friends since 6th grade, of course Olivia and I grew apart these past couple months since all I wanted to do was hang out with Maya, instead of her.

I quickly looked at her brunette hair and then back to her dark brown eyes.

"Olivia!" I smiled, I slowly start feeling better when I saw her.

"So, I heard you ditched me for your new girlfriend, this girl named Maya?" She smiled at me as she started walking next to me.

"Pfffffttt, not true." I said sarcastically.

"Liar!" She punched my arm playfully and bit her lip.

"So, come on tell me more about her!" She said.

"Who?" I asked pretending I forgot who she was talking about.

"Your girlfriend!"

"She's not my girlfriend, never was." I said coldly. "She was just a fling." I lied to her.

"A fling that lasted months? That you couldn't pay attention to anyone but her?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Are you jealous?" I smirked trying to change the subject.

"N-no you idiot, I'm your best friend and I want to know about this new world you experienced with this girl."

I could tell she was lying to me. Could it be possible Olivia has feelings for me? Is it crazy to think your best friend for years has feelings for you? I mean, it's was pretty obvious I had feelings for her before Maya came. I always thought Olivia and me would end up together, but I always thought she never liked me that way so, I never pursued her. But is it possible that she likes me now? I needed to stop thinking about this so much. Maya, literally just left me couple minutes ago.

"Whatever, you say princess." I smiled at her as I opened the classroom door for her.

She walked into the classroom looking down I could tell she was blushing. I followed her into the classroom and took my seat next to her and looked at her.

"Thanks for talking to me again, I really missed you." I said to her.

"I love you, of course I would talk to you again, anytime you need me." She smiled.

"I love you too." I said looking deep into her eyes. For some reason every time I looked into Olivia's eyes I could see us dating. But I can also see myself going further with someone else.

-

Maya's POV:

It's been a week since I left Josh, and Lucas. I felt bad for leaving them. But I knew Lucas would just go running back to Riley, even though she wasn't her soulmate and I was. But I also knew that in our world they would never get together. The government would never let anyone be together that aren't soulmates. That's why I know my destiny is marrying Lucas soon. But I also knew that just because Lucas and I were soulmates, it doesn't mean we're a perfect match.