Burning

Chapter 30
Lucas gets out of the movie theater and sees Joshua and Maya making out. He rolls his eyes. "Are you serious..?" He said. Maya pulled away from the kiss and looked at Lucas. Lucas walked away. Maya quickly stops him. Lucas turns to see Maya. He was beyond angry. She was in a date with him not Joshua. He didn't understand why Maya wouldn't give him a chance.

"Why are you all over that Josh dude? He obviously doesn't feel the same way." He said. "Why do you care Ranger Rick?" Maya hissed. "Because you deserve so much better." He said looking down. "Well that's the problem, I don't." Maya looked at him weird. He knew that the only reason this date was even going on was for Josh. Nobody else.

"Yes you do, why can't you see that Maya? You're better than this. You don't need to throw yourself all over a guy just to get a little bit of his attention." He said. 'Why can't Maya see that Josh is just using her' He thought. "Look, I'm sorry.. But I'm not throwing myself at him.. He feels the same way.." Maya looks down but then looks into Lucas eyes. "At least that's what I want to believe."

"If he felt the same way he wouldn't be with that Melissa girl. He would be with you like me." Lucas rolled his eyes and started pacing. "What are you trying to say?" Maya bit her lip. "HE GAVE UP ON YOU! I NEVER GAVE UP ON YOU. EVEN AFTER ALL THIS TIME. IM STILL HERE FOR YOU. HE GAVE UP RIGHT AWAY, I DIDNT BECAUSE I LOVE YOU." Lucas yelled. Maya felt tears streaming down her face. She realized that Lucas had been right. Joshua gave up on her right away. He didn't fight for her. "I love you too.. Just not in that way.." She cried. She wanted to have feelings for Lucas. But she didn't.

Lucas heart broke into pieces when he heard what Maya had just said. Ever since he met Maya he always wanted to be with her. "God dammit, don't cry I hate when I see you cry." He said looking down. He got closer to Maya and started to hug her. "I'm sorry I wish I felt the same way.." Maya kept crying. She didn't know why but she couldn't stop crying. Lucas down at her and wiped one of her tears and half smiled. "I'm sorry I didn't want to make you cry... But don't worry you may not feel the same way now but in the end you will and that's all the matters." Maya stopped crying and looked up at Lucas and smiled. She hoped that Lucas was right and she would develop feeling for him over time.

Joshua looked at them hugging and smiling at each other. He heard the whole conversation. He never gave up on Maya. At least that's what he thought. But he wanted better for Maya. Obviously at the moment Joshua thought that maybe Lucas will make Maya happy. He was going to help Lucas get Maya. It was for the best. He wanted happy. He thought that he wasn't good enough for Maya. He looks down and walks back into the movie theater and grabs Melissa's wrist.

"Can you be my girlfriend?" Joshua said. He didn't have feeling for Melissa. But if Maya thought that he didn't have feelings for her anymore then she'd move on. "Yes! A million times yes" Melissa smiled really big and was about to lean in for a kiss until Joshua moved his head so she ended up kissing his cheek. "Do I have a bad breath or something?" Melissa said confused. She didn't understand why Joshua didn't want to kiss her. "No.." He faked smiled. "I'm just not feeling well and I don't want to get you sick." He looked down. "Who cares?" Melissa shrugged and kissed Joshua softly.

Maya walked back into the movie theater to tell Joshua that she had to go that Lucas wasn't feeling well. But instead she saw Joshua and Melissa kissing. Her heart broke. She couldn't believe what her eyes were just seeing. Not so long ago she was making out with him and she leaves for a minute and he makes out with another girl. She rolled her eyes and walked away. She was definitely starting to hate Joshua now. Joshua pulled away from the kiss. "Um, that was nice but seriously I don't want to get you sick." Joshua lied. "Awe, you're so sweet caring about me baby." Melissa said.

Meanwhile in the other world. Maya 2 walked through the doctors office. She smiled. She got her gallon of gas out. She started to pouring the gallon of gas all over the place and on her. The Doctor walked in and saw Maya 2. "May I help you Maya?" She smiled. "This world.. None of this was suppose to happen.. Now you're all going to regret everything.." She laughed. She got her lighter out. The Doctors eyes widen. "NOOO, don't do it... How is this even possible we design you to be the perfect version of Maya.." The Doctor said not understanding why Maya's clone would want to lit herself on fire and the office. "You obviously failed." Maya 2 lit the lighter and started lit herself on fire.

Suddenly the whole office started getting on fire. Maya 2 was slowly burning to death. She didn't understand why but it felt good. She closed her eyes and laid down on the floor that was burning itself on fire like her. This was how she was going make her peace with Riley. Now that she was dead nothing made sense to her. The only way she found a way to stop her guilt was by burning herself on fire.

-
40+ Comments for Chapter 31?
Questions:
1. Do you think Maya 2 did the right thing?

2. Do you think that Maya will finally give a chance to Lucas?

3. Do you think Joshua and Melissa will last long?