Rejection

Chapter 24
It was a New Year. It was a New Life. She wanted a new start. No boys these time. But she knew that probably wasn't going to happen. Maya walked into school holding Lucas hand. She smiled to herself. Maya invited Lucas to attend all her classes with her. Maya walked to her first class with Lucas Geometry.

There wasn't any seat available near Maya for Lucas so he had to sit all the way in the back. Joshua smiled at Maya. Even though he thought that Maya was dating Lucas. He knew that Maya still had some feelings for him even if they were small or else she wouldn't be wearing the necklace he gave her. "So for how long have you been dating that kid?" Joshua said trying to start conversation. "We're not dating.." Maya looked down.

Joshua couldn't help but smile. This meant that he still had chance with Maya, even if the chance was very small. "Uh.." Joshua said as he scratched the back of his head. "Would you like to hang out with me this weekend?" He said. Maya thought for a second and then looked back and saw Lucas and she smiled to herself then she rolled her eyes. "No.. Sorry I'm busy with Lucas this whole week." Maya wanted to go out with Joshua but she wasn't going to do that if Lucas was there. So she had to forget about Joshua.

Joshua looked down and he frowned. He wasn't expecting to get rejected by Maya. He honestly thought that Maya would say yes. Joshua was starting to think that Maya wasn't interested in him at all. Maybe it was time for him to move on for the best. All Maya kept doing was rejecting him.

Class ended and Lucas quickly walked up to Maya and held her hand. He noticed Joshua was trying to make a move on Maya but Maya rejected him. He didn't want Joshua to keep making moves on her so he had to make Maya fall for him soon. Before Joshua starts to take Maya away from him.

Maya didn't want Joshua to think she had no interest in him so she grabbed his wrist before he left from class and she gave him a quick peck in the lips and then walked away holding hands with Lucas. Joshua smiled to himself. He now knew not to give up on Maya. "Woah, you really like that kid huh?" Lucas said as he looked down to their hands holding each other. "Nahhh I just gave him a quick peck in the lips no big deal." Maya lied and then smiled at Lucas. "You don't kiss anyone randomly for no reason if you don't have feelings for them.." Lucas said he felt like he was the reason Maya wasn't happy.

"It's called having fun you should try it for once." Maya rolled her eyes. She hated when people were stubborn. She let go of Lucas hand and rolled her eyes and walked away. Lucas catches up to her and stops her. Lucas leans in and kisses Maya. Maya is surprised by the kiss that she doesn't even move a bone in her body. Lucas pulled away from the kiss. "W-what was that for..?" Maya said looking into his eyes. "You told me I should try it.." Lucas smiled.

-
40+ Comments for Chapter 25?
Questions:
1. Do you think Maya is starting to see Lucas in another way?
2. Do you think Maya will stop rejecting Joshua?