Traveled

Chapter 31
Maya 2 opened her eyes. She was in a familiar place. She was in school. How was that possible? She thought. The last thing she remembered she was burning on fire. She stood up and looked at her hand and at her body. There was no signs of her skin being burned. She was okay. Maya's 2 eyes widen when she sees Riley walking around the hallways. She smiled. Maya 2 walks up to Riley and hugs her.

"RILEEEEY" She screamed.
"What's wrong?" Riley asked confused.
"I thought you were dead.." She said as tears started streaming down her face.
"It's okay, Maya. I'm alright. It was probably just a bad nightmare. We should probably go to class. I heard there's a new student today." Riley smiled hugging Maya 2 back.

Maya 2 raised an eyebrow. "Wait what..? New student?" She asked.
"Yeah his name is Lucas. I think." Riley said.
"Lucas..? He's not a new student he's been in this school for a year now.." Maya 2 said. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. Could it be possible that Maya 2 traveled back in time? But how? She could've sworn she would've died in that fire not go back in time.

"Man, you must've hit your head really hard. We have no Lucas in our Class.." Riley giggles and starts to walk towards class but suddenly stops and looks at Maya. "Are you coming?" She asked. "Yeah I'll be there in a second.." Maya 2 lied. If Maya 2 was correct she had just traveled back in time which means Maya is still in this world. Maya 2 starts pacing the floor. What was she going to do? In this time period Maya hadn't done anything wrong nor her tattoo was acting up. Maybe Maya 2 could help Maya not make the wrong choices. Maya 2 smiles. This was perfect. She was about to rewrite history for the better.

Maya 2 quickly noticed Maya walking around the halls. So she quickly stops Maya. "MAYA!" Maya 2 hugs Maya. Maya pulls away from the hug. "Who are you? And why do you look exactly like me..?" Maya asked confused. "I'm from the future. LONG STORY SHORT you made bad choices in the future. But I guess I can't tell you what bad choices you made because I don't really know.." Maya 2 said. She wasn't really lying. She doesn't know any bad choices Maya did over this past time since she's just her clone. But Maya couldn't know that at least not yet. "Then how are you suppose to help me not make bad choices?" Maya asks. "Well I could take your-" Maya 2 quickly hears someone about to walk past them so she quickly hides.

Lucas walks past the hallways. Suddenly he bumps into Maya. "I am so sorry" Maya said looking up. She had totally forgotten about Maya 2 as soon as she saw Lucas. She's never seen anyone like him. From that moment on she knew her life was going to change BIG time.

PRESENT TIME

Maya walks around the hallways and sees Melissa all over Joshua. She rolls her eyes and decides to walk over to Joshua. "I see you two are together now.." Maya fake smiles. "Yeah and all thanks to you." Melissa said with a smile looking at Joshua. Joshua closes his locker and then looks at Maya. "Look, blondie maybe you should go out with Lucas." Joshua said looking down. He couldn't bare at the thought of looking into her eyes and tell her to move on.

"You know what-" before Maya could finish her sentence Lucas walks up and puts his arm around her neck. "We're actually going out too." Lucas kisses Maya's cheeks and smiles. Lucas wasn't going to let Maya be alone. Lucas was going to help Maya get him Jealous and if everything goes good maybe even make her get over Joshua.

"Really? Well, good for both of you it was obvious you both had a thing for each other." Joshua fake smiled and then walked away. When he walked away he rolled his eyes. His mission was accomplished. Maya had moved on faster than he'd expected. He hated himself for it. But if it was going to make her happy. He was going to have to deal with it. Melissa follows Joshua and grabs his wrist. "What's wrong baby?" She frowns. "I think we should break up.." Joshua said looking into her eyes. He hated playing with girls feelings. He never wanted to hurt Melissa nor use her.

"Did I do something wrong?" She started to cry. She didn't understand what she did to make Joshua break up with her. Even though they've been together for a day she felt a connection. "No.. I did.. I asked you to be my girlfriend to make a girl I like.. move on.." He said looking down. Melissa slowly started to understand. "You mean Maya? I don't think you like her... I think you love her.. and I'm so stupid for not realizing it till now" Melissa said she slowly stopped crying. "You know you should think about your happiness too. Maybe you shouldn't let Maya move on. Believe me you'll regret it.." Melissa half smiled.

Joshua looked down at her. She was right. He was going to regret it. But it seemed like it was too late. "It's already too late." He frowned. "You'll never know unless you try." Melissa walks away and Joshua looks around and goes to his class. He sees Maya and sits down right next to her. "I broke up with Melissa." He half smiled. "Good for you...?" Maya said as she raised an eyebrow. Joshua looked at Maya's neck. She was still wearing his necklace. Maya quickly notices she never took off his necklace. She closed her eyes. She felt like she was about to cry. But she held onto the tears and took off her necklace and handed it to Joshua.

"Sorry for not giving it back.. Maybe if you give this to Melissa she'll take you back." Maya fake smiled. She had just regretted what she had just done. She wanted that necklace because that was the only way she could express her feeling for him. But now that was gone. Maybe it was for the best.

Joshua looks down and frowns. He hated that Maya took off the necklace and gave it back to him. He wanted her to have it. He realized he wasn't going to give up on Maya. He was going to prove Lucas wrong. That he isn't the only guy fighting for Maya and this time he will get Maya.

-
45+ Comments for Chapter 32?

Questions:
1. What do you think Maya 2 will change now that she traveled back in time?

2. Do you think that Maya 2 will affect the present time Maya is living in now?

3. How do you think Joshua is going to fight for Maya?