Double

Chapter 18
Maya left the school. No stupid security guards stopped her this time. She honestly didn't know how she was going to leave this world. Maya walked and walked for miles and miles. It's been 4 hours she's been walking. She was tired. She was basically in the forest. She decided to sit down. She closed her eyes. "I'm ready to go back." Maya opened her eyes and she saw a light. She walked towards it. She suddenly was back in her own world. She knew because it seemed different. Maya quickly looked down to her wrist to see if Lucas name or Brandon name came back on her wrist. She was wrong Joshua's name was tattooed on her wrist now. How could that be? He can't be her soulmate if they're not even from the same world and they will never see each other again.

Maya decided to shake it off. She needed to forget about Joshua. For now at least. Maya decided to walk to her school. Surprisingly she wasn't that far away from her school. As soon as she walked in. She felt the urge to cry. She missed being here. She saw Riley walking to her locker. Maya ran to Riley and hugged her. "I missed you." Riley hugged Maya back. "Maya is it really you..?" Maya smiled. They both pulled away from the hug. Maya showed Riley her wrist, that had the name Joshua tattooed. Riley recognize that name, that was her uncle's name Joshua Matthews. He is 15. "What happened.. I thought your wrist said Lucas or Brandon..?" Riley questioned. "I got fixed I guess." Riley looked down. "So a guy named Joshua is your soulmate?" Maya smiled. "Yeah.." Maya felt a bit sad. But she was going to forget Joshua. "Can I come over today? I think Maya 2 is still taking over my life so I don't want to get caught and sent back to the other world or even worse.." Maya said looking down.

Riley didn't want to invite Maya because her uncle Joshua is staying over. But Riley was most likely wrong thinking that her uncle Joshua is Maya's soulmate so, she decided to let Maya stay over. What's the worse that could happen?

School was over Riley didn't see Maya 2 at all today. She was probably with Lucas all day. Riley was just happy that Maya was back. Maya and Riley finally arrived at Riley's house. Riley unlocked the door and Joshua just came out of Auggie's room carrying him over his shoulder. "I like it up here" Auggie said. Maya and Riley walked in and Maya pointed at Joshua. "BOING!" she smiled. She couldn't believe what her eyes were just seeing. It was Joshua or at least he looked like him. Joshua smiled and put Auggie down on the couch. "Ha, that's my uncle Maya." Riley smiled. "Your uncle?" Maya raised an eyebrow. Riley walked over to Joshua. "Uncle Josh!" Riley hugged Joshua. Joshua hugged back. "Riley!" He said. Maya decided to follow Riley's lead. Once Riley and Joshua pulled away from the hug. Maya immediately hugged Joshua. "UNCLE JOSH!" She felt good hugging Josh. "I'm not your uncle, Maya." He said smiling. "Even better." Maya didn't want to stop hugging him. Before Josh could hug Maya back Riley pulled Maya away. "It's - it's been a long while." He said. "It sure has." Maya replied. "Well.. Boy, you grew up gorgeous." He said. Maya blushed as he walked away to Auggie's room.

It was obviously that it was the same Joshua she knows from the other world. But this one was related to her best friend and was from this world. Maya felt immediately happy. But it wasn't exactly the same since this Josh didn't like her like that or has any memory from the other world. Which brought Maya spirits down. She definitely wanted to go back to the other world. But at the same time she wanted to stay here and get to know this Joshua.

Maya 2 avoided Riley today. She noticed Maya was back meaning Maya 2 had to get her to go back to the other world or she would have to go there. She needed to convince Maya to go back to the other world. One way or another. Maya 2 didn't want to go to the other world. She would rather be dead.

-
30+ Comments for Chapter 19?
Questions:
1. Do you think Maya 2 will convince Maya to go back to the other world?
2. Did you like this chapter?
3. Are you ready for the new book coming out Friday about Joshaya called Irresistible?