chapter three

HIIIII pls comment and vote through out :)

I love this photo of Luke cri

-

"You have to work out the gradient before you find the coordinates of the points on the graph and please for the love of god, put a line of best fit--it helps with marks and to make your answers more accurate because you guys are the worse at adding lines of best fit and you lose simple marks."

Some of the kids laughed at my words and I sighed. It was first lesson and the first day of two weeks of detention with Ashton and I wasn't ready to spend an hour everyday with a sassy boy with gorgeous biceps--nope, I didn't think that.

There was a knock at the door and I moved to open it and there stood one of the year sevens, the kids cooed at the little girl as she was tiny. "Um Sir, Miss Hillary says there's a phone call for you. It's urgent." She said and I thanked her before she walked away back to her maths class down the hall.

"She's so cute." Brittany cooed.

"Brit, you're in charge, if anyone is being stupid, write their name on the board and they'll get a detention." She nodded and everyone seemed to suck up to her then, not to get detention. I left the classroom, taking my glasses off and heading to the maths office down the hall.

I undid my tie a little, it was extremely warm today, more than usual. I opened the door to the office and Miss Hillary stood there with a smile, "It's Ashton's mother, she wanted to talk to you." I nodded, taking the phone and thanking her. She left the office shutting the door behind me.

I lifted the phone to my ear as I sat on the counter in there, we made tea and stuff in here too so I picked up a cookie from the bag and said hello, before taking a bite.

"Mr Hemmings?" She asked.

I swallowed my food, "Yes it's me, how can I help Mrs Irwin?" I asked politely.

"I'd just like to apologise for my son's behaviour, he was quiet during dinner that night we saw you and I'm just extremely sorry for what he said. He shouldn't have said that." She said and I nodded along.

"It's fine, honestly, may I ask why he said it?" I questioned.

"Oh of course. When he was about ten, Ashton had this boyfriend, I won't say who, but when he told us his father, um, use to hit him--to make the gay go away. Ashton was forced to believe that being gay was wrong and back then Ashton was such a good little boy, he was a lot nicer at school and he was happier."

I frowned at her words and put my cookie down and wiped away the crumbs. "Is his father still in contact?"

"No he ran off years ago, he's not been here since. I'm getting remarried to someone else who treats Ashton's like a real son. I just wanted to thank you for taking time out for having the detention with Ashton, and I think it would be good for him to talk to you. He likes you, he says your a great teacher but he's just never been good at Maths." She chuckled, "I'm happy he's got his football to fall back on."

"I'm glad someone else is treating you all good." I smiled, "Also congrats on the engagement, and I'll try my best to talk to Ashton. I have him in my class right now and for his detention tonight. He's a good kid, he just needs the studying and the motivation to try and get the grade he needs, at the rate he's at, he'll be getting a D on his end of school exams."

"Oh dear, I'll try and talk to him about his school work then." She muttered, "But thank you once again Mr Hemmings."

"You can call me Luke." I chuckled. "I'll have to go, I have a class to tend to, and if I know Ashton and Michael correctly, they'll be creating havoc." I chuckled and Mrs Irwin laughed.