chapter twenty three

pls comment and vote through out I love you

Thank you tomllinson for giving 5sos my super short letter but it meant a lot! ily (3 years later idk if they ever got it at all)

-

From // ash💕
I'll see you in a few hours, I'll come over?

I pouted. He was going to a party. With Calum and Michael. Calum could go because he wasn't a teacher and he was with Michael. But I couldn't so I had to stay at home till he came over.

I didn't want my life to revolve around Ashton coming over, I had classes too and a family and a life. I knew I loved him but you can't love someone to the extent where you give up everything to go see them for only a few hours. You need a little respect for yourself too.

So as I sat on my sofa watching TV and drinking a beer from the fridge I heard my phone ring. I rolled off the sofa and picked it up.

Caleb's name flashed on the screen and I smiled. He'd be a perfect distraction for the night. I answered the phone, "Hi Caleb."

"I wasn't sure if you still had my number." He mumbled. "Do you erm, want to do that second date I mean it's been a few weeks an--"

"I have a boyfriend." I mumbled. "But we could go get drunk as friends?" I suggested, "I've already started actually."

"I can pick you up in ten?" He asked.

"Hurry." I mumbled before hanging up. I went to my bedroom and changed my trousers from the sweatpants I had been wearing. I put on some skinny jeans with my Drop Dead shirt that's actually Calum's before I grabbed my phone and keys and headed to my apartment door.

I closed the door behind me and headed down the few flights of stairs before getting the the large doors. I waved at the doorman and he smiled back at me.

Caleb was waiting in his car when I arrived so I got to the car quickly. "Hi." I grinned.

"Why is it you look like you've gotten hotter?" He asked staring at me.

I looked up from putting my seatbelt on, "I haven't." I chuckled. "Might be my sex glow from my boyfriend."

Caleb chuckled and we drove off. "So are we just going to a bar and getting drunk or?"

I nodded, "It's a Friday, I have no school." I shrugged. "Might as well."

***

"So where's your boyfriend?" Caleb asked, downing the shot we'd brought.

"At a party." I said and took a sip of my beer. "'M not allowed to go."

"Why?" He asked.

"Can't be seen in public with him." I giggled.

Caleb's eyebrows furrowed, "Why? I don't--"

"I can't say." I shrugged and took a bigger gulp of my drink. "But he's hot and pretty and he makes me happy and he's wonderful in bed, he's so nice to me and I want to be with him forever." I said drunkily. "Ash is great."

"So he's better at sucking dick than me?" Caleb pouted as I nodded. "Thanks man."

"When he does it, he like touches me every where too." I grinned. "I need a shot. I wanna be really drunk."

Caleb handed me his and I drank it quickly. "You're really pretty." Caleb whispered. "I wish we were together. My mum would probably think I'm not a failure then." He said, laying his head down on the bar counter so I leaned forward and petted his hair softly.

"You're not a failure. I just fell in love, you can find someone too." Caleb looked at me with a pout before he leaned up and kissed me.

And I kissed back.

***

Caleb was pressed against me on the sofa, our lips attached to one another's and our tongues meeting and my hand up his shirt and his hands in my hair.

I heard someone knock at my door so I rolled out from under Caleb and to my front door. I looked through the peep hole and squealed when seeing Ashton. I pulled the door open, "Baby!" I leaned forward and kissed him deeply.

"Luke, ew. Have you been drinking?" Ashton asked, pulling away and I shrugged.

"Maybe I have, maybe I haven't." I shrugged and grabbed his hand before pulling him inside.

"This is Caleb." I said, gesturing the him on the sofa and Ashton looked at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"You need to go to bed." He said, turning to me and holding my arms, pulling me to my bedroom. "Get in bed please Luke." He said and I pouted but crawled on to the bed. I rolled in to a ball, "I'm gonna go call Caleb a cab yeah?"

I nodded and closed my eyes as I heard Ashton talking to Caleb before I heard the front door shut. Ashton came back in and I watched as he crawled on to the bed beside me. "Shirt off baby, need to get you ready for bed."

I grunted before whining, "You do it."

Ashton sighed before taking off my shirt and my jeans and leaving me in my socks and boxers. Ashton was in my lap, but he was going to move so I grabbed his thighs. "Stay there." I mumbled. "You're cozy." I sat up and held him tightly, hugging him.

"Luke you're drunk as fuck, let's just get you to sleep yeah?" I nodded and fell back.

Ashton climbed off my lap and went to leave but I grabbed his wrist. "You're a better kisser than him." I said softly. "He uses too much tongue." I said tiredly, yawning. I let his wrist go and grabbed his fingers. "I love you."

And I watched as Ashton left.

I just didn't know that he cried himself to sleep that night thinking I didn't love him enough.

-

Luke wyd