chapter thirty three (+)

Long long chap

-

I sat on the sofa in Ashton's living room as I waited for him and Anne to come down stairs. We were leaving for London today, and Anne refused to have Ash sleepover that night because she didn't want him to forget a single thing, so I had slept alone, with my cat and ate Chinese take out. My life seemed kind of lonely when Ashton wasn't in it.

Ashton's step dad, Chris, was sitting on the arm chair, watching the TV. A Cricket game was on, Australia vs England.

"So Luke?" He started making me look up from my watch. "Are you coming to Anne and I's wedding?"

"Oh," I flushed, "I've not been invited." I shrugged.

"Well you're family now, I'll get you on the guest list." He smiled, glancing at me briefly before going back to the TV.

Anne and Ashton then took it upon themselves to enter the room. "Hey." Ashton smiled, leaning down and pecking my lips softly before he stood up straight. "I'm ready to go."

I stood up, taking his suitcase which was in his hand. Anne gave me a smile, "Please make sure he's okay while you're there. Don't let him get lost or kidnapped." She said.

I nodded, "I won't let him out of my sight." I smiled.

Anne sighed before walking towards me and hugging me, surprising me. "Thank you. You'll have to come round for dinner one day so we can all get to know you."

I smiled, grinning at Ashton over Anne's shoulder. "We will, thank you."

Ashton whined, "We need to go, we're gonna miss our flight if we don't."

I pulled out of the hug, "We'll be fine baby." I took Ashton's suitcase before we left the suburban house.

Ashton hugged his mum, "I'll call you when I land. I love you." He said before kissing her cheek. He turned to me as I took his hand and led him to the car. I opened the door for him, before shutting it behind him. I put the suitcase in the boot before getting in and Ashton smiled at me.

"What?" I asked.

"I'm happy, and I'm gonna meet all your family and it feels like a really big next step." Ashton shrugged grinning. "I love you." He leaned across and kissed me softly.

"I love you too."

I drove us to the airport, parking my car in the underground parking area so it could stay here till we came home again. Once we found a space, we got our cases and I held Ashton's hand as we made our way to the lift that went to the main airport. We were meeting my parents at the bag check out as I had brought Ashton and I's seats separately to my parents so we weren't near each other.

Ashton and I waited in line to get our bags put through and I had a carry on with my iPad, laptop and stuff and chargers too. Once we were first in line, I gave our tickets and passports to the lady and she gave me a look as she glanced between Ashton and I.

"He's ten years younger?" She asked, raising her eyebrows.

I felt Ashton squeezing my hand, "So? He's my boyfriend, get over it." Ashton snapped, "I found your parents." He said quieter as the woman scanned everything. We put our bags through before being given back our tickets.

Ashton pulled me towards where my parents were as I had my satchel on my shoulder, I used it for work when I didn't need to bring in a lot of stuff. I hugged my parents, my mum hugging Ashton and my dad shaking his hand before we went through security and found our departure gate.