chapter nineteen

this is the Monday after back at school and stuff

-

I sat down at the table in the hall, my binder in front of me, and my glasses resting on my nose as I waited for everyone to enter.

Eva, the science teacher, sat beside me and I smiled. "You okay?" She asked, "You look tired."

"'M tired." I shrugged, "Had a busy weekend."

She wiggled her eyebrows, "With your boyfriend?" I chuckled and nodded. "What's his name anyway? You haven't told us."

Oh shit.

"Caleb."

Fuck.

"Oh how did you meet?" Eva asked.

Make something up Luke!

"I was um marking papers in a cafe and he came up to me and said hi, and that I looked stressed, so he brought me a coffee, and we started talking." I fake smiled and shrugged.

"Cute." She smiled.

After a few minutes everyone came in and the head was here so we started the meeting. "Okay we'll begin with exams." Elijah said. "The exams are going to be starting tomorrow until the day before graduation, then results will be sent home on the twenty first of August. First exams will be maths, so Luke will have his top classes all morning for their afternoon exam." I nodded and made a note, I'd have to make a plan on what I'd be teaching them.

"Then will be History, French, RE, IT, Geography, English, Business, Science—all three of them." He said. "So the morning or day before the exam, you'll each have time with your classes and then when your exams are done, that class can go home."

Dammit, did that mean Ashton could go home now and not go school? He had his game on Friday, though.

"Okay graduation." Elijah clapped his hands, "It's the day after prom. The ceremony, we'll have the teacher of the year talk and the valedictorian. I'll give everyone their diplomas and then the teacher of the year will give out the year books before the kids go off the stage."

"Speaking of teacher of the year, I'm going to let the kids start to vote tomorrow. Then in a weeks time or so, the votes will be counted and I'll tell whoever wins." Elijah smiled.

"Also the ceremony will be outside on the field as it will be warm outside." The deputy head teacher said.

I sat quietly and took notes as they talked about the next PTA meeting. "We'll have to talk about the student teacher relationship that was happening at Jefferson—" I lifted my head at the mention of it and he was looking straight at me. "—and how we don't tolerate it and assure the parents nothing of the sorts will happen at this school."

"We're also going to have the kids come in to the PTA meeting and tomorrow morning before classes we'll have an assembly and talk to the top year about prom." Elijah said.

We talked a little longer about stuff and when it was over I had a text.

From: ashy x
can I come round tonight? I'm waiting by your car because I had practice xx

I texted him back.

to: ashy x
Yeah, I'll be out quick xx

I put my stuff in my bag before heading out of the school to the carpark. Ashton was leaning against the car, so I kissed him chastely before opening the car, and we got in the car.

"Hi." Ashton grinned, leaning over and kissing me deeply. "You okay?"

"I'm good, baby." I kissed him, "How was practise?"

"Okay." He shrugged. "I just wanna nap though, I need a shower too." He smirked, "Join me?"

"Always."

-

Short af chapter