chapter nine

hi all

-

I sighed to myself when I heard the landline phone ringing from the kitchen. I was in bed still, still blissed out from Ashton. The honey haired boy had left that morning because he had a thing with his family and I had kissed him goodbye at the door. Well not before we went for a second round when we woke up, Ashton had rode me that morning and honestly it couldn't feel any better.

But I had to heave myself out of bed, still naked, only a Spider-Man blanket around my hips and I walked to the kitchen. My glasses were on and I scratched my head tiredly. I got to the phone, picking it up and mumbling a hello before sitting on the counter.

"Mr Hemmings?" I recognised the voice as Ashton's mother so my eyes widened. Did she know where her son was last night?

"Mrs Irwin." I said cheerily, putting it on. "How are you?"

"I'm fantastic, thank you. I got your number from the school and I wanted to tell you that Ashton came out to us this morning before he went out to Michael's. Thank you for making Ashton realise that he's allowed to like boys. He even said he's seeing someone but he wouldn't say who." She chuckled and I smiled.

"That's great." I chuckled. "I'm happy for him."

"I'd like to invite you for dinner, for helping." She said and I wanted to say no, but I had no excuse.

"Oh yes, thank you."

***

I was dressing in skinny jeans and a black dress shirt with no tie, my all black converse on my feet, a bottle of white wine in my hands. I knocked on the Irwin's front door and after a minute Ashton answered. He grinned before it fell, "Why the hell are you here?" He asked me.

I licked my lips, "Your mum invited me for dinner." I said.

Anne then came up behind Ashton, "Honey let Luke in." She said and Ashton stood to the side letting me in. I handed the wine to Anne and she smiled kissing my cheek, "Awe thank you honey. Ashton take your teacher to the living room to meet Chris."

Ashton rolled his eyes, Anne giving him a smack to the back of the head for being rude before he showed me to the living room. Ashton's step dad and, I presumed, little brother were sitting on the floor, playing video games, his little sister was on the recliner sitting on her phone.

Ashton and I sat on the sofa and when Chris turned to ask someone a question he noticed me, "Ashton why didn't you say he was here already?" He said and Ashton sighed. Chris stood up and I did the same as he shook my hand and I gave him a grin. I wanted to impress them, they were a little older than me, but soon they could be family if Ashton and I got together.

"Thank you." Chris said and I shrugged.

"I didn't really do anything." I chuckled.

"Why are you thanking him?" Ashton asked, looking up at us in confusion.

I bit my lip before saying, "They invited me round for dinner to thank me for helping you come out."

Ashton gave me this look like a 'are-you-fucking-serious-look' and stood up, before leaving the living room.

Chris sighed, and I looked at him, "Can I go talk to him?" I asked.

"His room is the first door at the top of the stairs." He said and I walked out of the room and up the stairs. On the walls were family photos along with baby photos and I saw a young Ashton in one. He was fourteen, that was when I'd first joined the school, fresh out of college.

I found Ashton's room and pushed the door open a little to see Ashton sitting on the edge of his bed. "Ash."

"I knew I was gay. You didn't help me come out. All we did was have sex and I was sure I wanted to come out then because I didn't like not being myself. You didn't help Luke. I figured it out myself."

I gave him a small smile and sat down beside him, "That's okay, I don't care if I helped or not just so that you're okay and you're yourself." I took his hand in mine and kissed the back of his hand. "I like you." I whispered, "A lot."

"But you're my teacher, we shouldn't be together, Luke." He said softly but I shook my head, squeezing his hand.

"You said yourself you're leaving in a month, now three weeks. We can be out then, I won't be your teacher anymore." I told him, leaning my head on his shoulder when he didn't look at me. "Cmon you said yourself you like me." I teased, kissing underneath his ear.

"If I'm out and have a boyfriend, I want to be out with them." Ashton frowned.

"Three weeks baby." I smiled and Ashton turned to me making me lean forward and kiss him gently.

"I can wait three weeks." He said softly and I grinned. "Dinner should be done now." He said and pulled me downstairs, our hands together until we got to the living room.

At dinner I was seated beside Ashton, across from Lauren and Harry, Anne at the head of the table next to me, Chris on the other end. "So Luke, have you got a family?" Chris asked.

I ate some of my chicken, "Just brother and their kids, and my parents." I said.

"Do you have a boyfriend or husband?" Anne asked and I smiled a little bit.

I felt Ashton squeeze my thigh softly and I answered, "I have a boyfriend."

"How long have you been dating?" Anne asked.

"Just a few days but it's great and he's amazing." I smiled. Ashton tapped my knee and I knew as I looked at him he had a bright grin on his face, he was happy. "I'm happy to have met him."

-

lol he met the fam but they don't know he's the bf