chapter twenty seven (+)

I walked through the front door of the reception, my sunglasses on my face and my tie loose as I walked towards the other door that led to the main hallways of the school. I nearly tripped at my untied laces, and groaned slightly.

"Late night?" The receptionist, Amanda, asked.

I looked up and nodded, "Yeah, I guess."

I saw her shake her head before she pressed the button to let me in to the school. I thanked her and went through, meeting the rush of kids. I huffed and went to my classroom. I entered it, dumping my satchel by my desk and sitting down.

I huffed and ran my hand through my hair. I took off my sunglasses and instead put on my reading ones from my pocket. I put my loose tie on properly before tying my laces. I lay my head on my desk as the bell rang and sighed, looking up at the door as it opened to see Ashton and Michael. The former had sunglasses on while Michael laughed at my tired face.

I smiled at Ashton, "you okay?" I asked.

"Don't talk to me." He huffed grumpily making me chuckle.

More of my class came in, but not everyone did as they didn't have to after their exam so I put on a film and lay in my seat. "You okay sir?" Someone asked and I looked up to Brittany.

I nodded, "Yeah, just a long night."

"Yeah fucking your boyfriend!" Michael yelled. And I so desperately wanted to tell him so did he but instead I simply held up a detention slip.

"You can't take Michael, I need him!" Ashton called so I held up another slip and I heard Ashton whine.

***

"Thanks a lot Luke." Michael pouted sitting down in Ashton's usual seat up front of the class so Ashton flicked his ear.

"Move, it's my seat." He said. Michael rolled his eyes and moved to the next seat. Ashton smiled and sat down and I smiled. "Hi."

"Hey." I said softly.

"Okay I don't wanna sit here all lunch and listen to this. Can I call Cal? I was meant to meet him for lunch." Michael grumbled so I nodded and Ashton stood up and sat on my lap as Michael moved to the back of the class and talked and giggled.

Ashton kissed my lips softly, "I graduate in two days." He smiled, "Prom the day after." He kissed me and giggled. "We can come out after then."

I grinned, "We can." I kissed Ashton and he giggled again so I kissed him again and it was a cute cycle as I tickled him. "So what college are you going to?"

"Just the one in the city, good programme for me. It's expensive but now I don't have to do anything." Ashton smiled. "Just ten minutes away too."

"So I'll still get to see you everyday?" I teased.

"You bet." Ashton giggled. "You could come pick me up every day too."

"Depends when you finish baby." I smiled. "I'll be here till three, four thirty if there's detention. So I could pick you up or I could come home to you—"

"What?" Ashton questioned. "Home?"

I bit my lip, and nodded. "I was meaning to give you my spare key." I said, leaning down to my bag and pulling out my keys. I undid the other spare key and handed it to Ashton. "Now I can come home to you whenever I want."

"That'd be nice." Ashton giggled again and kissed my forehead, then my nose and to my cheek. "Love you."

"Love you too." I smiled.