chapter twenty one

I want to be happy and in love

-

I sat at the table in the hall, waiting for the PTA meeting to start, I was texting Ashton, who was across the room, cute little pick up lines that made him smile. His mum was next to him, she was trying to see what he was giggling about but he would hide it. Ashton had told my name in his phone was Lucas or something beginning with an L, so just in case no one would know.

To // ashy
You've got 206 bones in your body, want one more?

I heard him laugh loudly and smirked before sending another.

To // ashy
You have a nice ass, what time does it open?

I got a text back from Ashton:

From // ashy
Anytime for you daddy xx

I bit my lip before Eli began the PTA meeting and said hi. "Well I'd first off like to talk about the issue at Jefferson High, and it's student-teacher relationship that happened. I assure you none of the sort is going on at this school, and if it was I wouldn't condone it and I would report it immediately."

I saw Ashton's mother sigh, Ashton himself looking awkward in his football varsity jacket. He had his number on the pocket, number 13, his name was on the back. The jacket looked tight on his shoulders, fitting him well. He looked good.

"Luke, do you have anything to say on the matter?" I was interrupted by Eli and I turned to him.

"About Jefferson High?" He nodded. "I understand that it's illegal, but love is love. But the only reason it's illegal is because they're a student, if they weren't, it wouldn't be bad."

I saw Ashton mum stare at me, "So you condone this?" She scoffed.

"No." I said, "I'm just saying Love is Love and you shouldn't be arrested for it."

She glared at me and I saw Ashton give me a look, before I looked away. I felt my phone vibrate a few seconds later.

From // ashy
You're stepping on thin ice Luke, shut up, or I'll shut you up myself

I glanced to him and he smirked and I knew how he'd shut me up.

"So Luke you gave a lot of the upper school a sex talk." I sat up and nodded. Most of the parents looked interested then. "Tell everyone what you talked about."

"Well I started with telling them about genders and stuff saying there's not just the boy and girl genders. I told—well Ashton told the class I had first about the main sexualities and the kids could learn more. I um I also gave out condoms the ones for girls and boys and well I told them about being safe during sex and what could happen if you aren't." I said, before licking my lips. "I asked each class if they'd questioned their sexuality, and a lot of them said they have."

A lot of the parents began to murmur then, "And I'm happy they're more confident now about their understanding about stuff." I smiled.

Elijah grinned, "Thank you."

After the PTA meeting was over, everyone was getting drinks so Ashton had taken his chance and pulled me out of the hall and down the corridor, hiding by a drinks machine.

"My mum is pissed at you." He said.

"What? Why? I thought what I said was okay?" I said.

"About the student teacher shit, she hates what you said. She's going to freak when we come out." Ashton whined, leaning against the drinks machine.

"It's fine. I was telling the truth. Going to prison for being in love isn't right, Ash." I said, taking his hands and pulling him in to me. "Look, I would do anything to be with you."

Ashton looked up at me, "Even go to prison if we're caught?"

I nodded, "As long as I get visits and you send me nudes." I smirked and Ashton giggled cutely, before leaning up and pressing his lips to mine. "I love you."

"I love you too." He whispered, before wrapping his arms around my waist, and hugging me. I held him tight until I heard footsteps and I pecked him softly before pulling away.

We began to make our way back to the hall, "How do you think your exam went?" I asked.

"Okay, your revision helped a lot." He smiled. "I got a letter today." He said.

"What did it say?" I asked as we got to the doors in to the hall.

"I got my scholarship." He said before smiling widely. "I got a full ride and I'm fucking excited." He giggled so I quickly kissed him.

"After everything at Jefferson, I think we should wait a little while till we come out to your family, not just after prom, like I mean a full two weeks." Ashton pouted but nodded to my suggestion.

"Anything to be with you." He kissed me again before we both entered the hall again.

I grabbed his wrist quickly before he could run off to his mum. "When do you want to come over?" I asked. "I've missed you."

"I can come tomorrow, I'm free." Ashton smiled. "I'll text you later Luke." He said quietly before walking away. I watched him meet his mum and they talked before they left and Ashton sent me a small wave before I decided to leave myself.

When I got home, Calum sat on my sofa, upside down, my cat on his stomach. "Why are you here?" I asked.

"I got bored, and I told my mum about Michael. She wasn't happy about it. Michael told his parents too, they were fine." He said in a monotone voice, scratching behind Tigers ear. "How can my mum not understand but Mikey's can? Like shouldn't it be the other way round?"

"At least they accept you in to the family." I said and undid my tie, sitting next to Calum. I picked up my cat and set her on my lap and cuddled her. "Ash's won't accept me ever. You should be happy you aren't his teacher."

Calum sighed, "I guess." He sat up and cuddled in to me, kissing the cats head before kissing my cheek. "I love you man."

"I love you too, bro."

-

I like the cake friendships a lot cake was the first gay thing I read