chapter five

Let's appreciate this cute ass photo of Luke on the side/top

-

"Why are you so hyper?" I asked the honey-haired boy and Ashton looked up from his work. He'd been bouncing around in class and at lunch when I saw him and he was jamming to his music now in detention. He shouldn't have his headphones but he's alone so he might as well.

"I'm going to see Mikey and his boyfriend again, at the boyfriend's house." Ashton grinned, "He's hilarious and he's perfect for Mike. They're picking me up today."

"Who's the boyfriend?" I asked, marking an answer right in the workbooks.

"His names Cal, well Calum but I call him Cal."

My eyes shot up at Ashton's words and I asked, "Calum Hood? Dark skinned? Kiwi? Blonde highlights in his hair?"

Ashton nodded, a little confused and I groaned, letting my head drop on my desk. "Fuck," I mumbled.

"Why?" Ashton asked me but I ignored him as I picked my phone up and rang Calum's number. He was giggling when he answered but once he heard my tone of voice he shut up.

"What did I do?" He asked worried. "Or is it you?"

"You're dating one of my students, what the fuck." I snapped, standing up, Ashton's eyes following me.

"Wait you were on about my Michael when you called him annoying?" I huffed out a yes and I could tell Calum was growing through the phone. "I'd rather you didn't call my boyfriend annoying Luke Hemmings."

"You shouldn't be dating him, you're twenty-seven, he's eighteen," I told him sternly. "I'm going to slap you when you come to pick up Ashton."

"Luke--"

I put the phone down and sat back in my seat and Ashton asked what was wrong. "Calum is my best friend, he is dating your best friend."

"Oh," Ashton mumbled. "Well, that's nice." He said sarcastically. "I didn't know there was such a big age difference."

"Yeah, nine years," I grumbled. "I'm actually killing him."

"Mike won't like that," Ashton told me but I shook my head, writing a problem for the kid to do in their book. "You'll let them be together right?"

I sighed and nodded, "Calum's been talking about his new boyfriend for ages, I won't just tell him to end it. It's not like Cal's a teacher here or anything." I ran my hand through my hair and slipped off my glasses and wiped my eyes tiredly. "I'm still slapping him though."

***

I walked with Ashton towards the car park of the school and when I saw Calum's familiar car, he got out, Michael getting from the passenger seat. Ashton and I met the two of them and Calum tried to talk but I raised my brows at him, "You're a prick." I told him, "You have to let me slap you once, that's the rule of this friendship." Calum pouted and I raised my hand and slapped his cheek and he clung to Michael right afterwards pouting over dramatically.

"You actually smacked him." Ashton laughed, making Michael glare at him.

Calum looked at me again and sighed, "I met him at a club, you had a stupid parents evening and I was lonely so I went out with Caleb and I met Michael. We had sex and I asked him to stay at mine, I love him, Luke." Calum said, making me groan.

"I'm not making you break up or anything. I just don't want to see or hear you two fucking because he's in my math class." I pointed to Michael, who smiled cheekily making me roll my eyes. "Great I am now officially friends with the annoying kid in my class."

"We're friends now?" Michael asked surprised.

"It's a rule; befriend the boyfriend," Calum said. "Should we get going kitten?" Calum asked his now black haired boyfriend. "Ash?" He glanced at Ashton who nodded and began to walk towards Calum's car.

The three walked away and Ashton waved at me, yelling, "See you tomorrow Mr Hemmings!"

I waved at him before going towards my own car. I put my things in the boot before heading to the driver's seat and getting in. I leant against the seat and sighed, I'm in deep shit. I drove home and unlocked my apartment door, Tiger walking over to me as I took off my blazer. I put my satchel down, which had some things in, and taking the wad of books to my coffee table. I put them down, turning on the TV before going to the kitchen to give Tiger some cat food, she purred at me before eating the food. I walked back to the living room, pausing when my phone began to ring.

I got to the coffee table and picked it up seeing it was my mum and groaned lightly before answering it with a chirpy, "Hi mum!"

My mother cooed, "Hello my little baby boy. How are you?"

Still with the baby boy? "I'm okay, just got back from the school," I told her. If I was on the phone with my mother I'd need a beer. I headed back to the kitchen and opened the fridge getting a beer before shutting the door with my foot and going back to the living room while my mum ranted about something I wasn't listening to.

I sat down and picked up a pen and opened up the book I was going through. I didn't have many left. "Are you listening Luke?"

"Nope." I sighed, "I've had a long day."

"What happened baby?" She asked.

"Calum is dating one of my students," I told her. "Apparently they love each other so I won't be doing anything about it, Cal looks happy."

"Well if he's happy, let him be." Mum said with a small gentle laugh, "Have you found any boys?"

"Not really." I took a sip of my beer, "I went on a date but I don't think it's going anywhere."

"Luke you're twenty-eight, you need to find yourself, someone. I refuse to let my little boy die alone. You need a good person for yourself." Mum said, probably for the twelve time this month. "I had two kids by the time I was your age."

"I'm fine mum, there's one guy I like but I don't know." I shrugged, thinking back to Ashton, dimples and all. "Besides that one date with the guy isn't going anywhere and if I come to the point where I'm desperate I'll let you pick someone for me."

"Soon Luke, before I die, I'm getting old."

I rolled my eyes, "You're not old, you like nearly sixty that's all."

"Yeah, and you're nearly half my age, Luke. I won't have you dying alone, I want more grandkids." I huffed and sighed.

"Okay, I'll try and find someone to give you grandchildren." I told her, "I need to go, I haven't had dinner yet and I'm tired and I have books to mark and grade so please let me hang up." I begged.

"Fine, go do your work." She said and I hung up with a happy smile and a love you to my mother before throwing my phone behind me onto the sofa. Tiger crawled into my lap as I continued with the books. I got to Ashton's and opened it, and frowning at a number of wrong questions. These were simple things that would get easy marks on exams. He needed math if he doesn't get his full ride next year. After marking it, his grade was a D minus and I sighed.

He needed tutoring, and quick before his exams.

-

I'm done for the night, it's 6 am love me