Chapter 3: It's Death or Victory

||First Person||Bomb Sunshine||

"Good morning, world! It's Korse, here!"
"And Courtney, bitch!"

I groan and toss an arm over my eyes, the sunlight burning the back of my eyelids. I force myself up, remembering I had taken the sleeping position on the floor beside the couch where Rev slept. She is still asleep while Poison and Jet Star sit by the radio that feeds us the horrid voices of Korse and Courtney. The two are the head of the joint government that now has made Earth a sickening, dead planet.

"We've got reports of some rebels on the run," Courtney's raspy voice seethes through the speakers. "Four rebels who may call themselves the Defenders of Faith. They're pretty up there with those retched Killjoys. Turn the suckers in and we will give you a reward like no other, baby!"

I stretch a little before shaking my sister's shoulder, waking her from her slumber. Poison turns to us just as Revolution starts to come to.

"Oh, good, you're up," he says with a hint of sarcasm. "Ghoul just finish packing some stuff in our bags so we can find these guys."
"Who?" Rev mumbles sleepily.
"Our friends we told you about. I guess they're going by the title "Defenders of Faith", for some reason," Poison shrugs.
"Betcha that guy, Pete, thought it up," Ghoul laughs as he enters with everyone's backpacks.
"It sounds like him," Kobra chuckles.

We sling our bags on our shoulders and start our new journey. Revolution trails behind us as we walk to the car the men had arrived in. I noticed Poison pick up is pack of cigarettes he had thrown out the window from last night as I watch my sister.

"Rev, what's up?" I ask as I slow down for her. Rev looks up at me with a slight scowl I know too well. I laugh a little.
"I don't want to do this," she groans. "I don't have a good feeling about these guys. What if they're like everyone else?"
"Has anyone killed silencers that were basically chewing on our ass just because?" I quiz, raising a brow at her. Rev rolls her eyes and storms to the vehicle the group waited in. I slide into the leather seat next to her, Ghoul offering to take our bags into the trunk, leaving us with our water bottles and guns at hip.

Poison rolls the window down just as Jet Star starts the car, stirring the desert dust behind us as we race off to this new destination. Rev continues to wear the scowl as she looks out the windshield before us.

"Try not to make that face, alright?" I warn, narrowing my eyes at her. "They're here to help us."
"I don't know what you're talking about," Rev denies, her face still twisted in that disgusted, hostile way.
"You know what I'm talking about," I press. "Stop it."
"We've got duct tape in the glove compartment!" Poison calls over the wind. "If you two don't stop bickering, you'll both have silvers on your lips! So quit the fighting!"

Rev heaves a sigh as she crosses her arms across her chest, averting her eyesight away from me. There's the slight buzz on the radio that only keeps the car not too quiet, until Poison turns it up.

"109 in the sky, this is Doctor Death Defying," a charismatic voice announces. I watch the guys listen to this radioman. "Alright you Killjoys! Suit up because there's a fight coming your way! If you wanna stay out of trouble, better find another route. Good luck and keep runnin'!"

The radio fizzes out into another channel of a talk show. Kobra leans forward and taps Jet Star's shoulder, since he is right behind him.

"You heard the guy," he nearly demands. Poison holds a hand up, a smile twitching at the corner of his mouth.
"They're looking for trouble," he says. "We'll give it to them."

A dark cloud forms in our view, nearing with every foot of road the car eats away.

"What was that on the radio?" I ask, since Rev continues to remain quiet for the rest of the ride.
"Doctor Death Defying," Ghoul says, sitting next to me. "He's our guide in taking this government down. He's almost like an assistant."
"Oh," is all I can mumble out as the car accelerates, the dark mass starting to appear as a group of people. A group of Silencers and "Draculoids" from BL/ind. The vehicle gains speed and crashes into the brainwashed gathering, adrenaline running through my veins and making me laugh as the flock fails to run, some being sprawled on the windshield and hood of the car.