Chapter 12: So Many Bright Lights To Cast A Shadow

||First Person|| Revolution||

"Is there anything we can put on her stomach?" I ask the boys that we're sharing a cell with, my eyes searching the room with the very faint light provided by the two. The one with the red eyeshadow stands up and heads over to the second bunk bed that's shoved against the wall and grabs the sheets covering it, yanking it off before bringing it back to me. I fold a couple of pieces over to make a thicker barrier before I press it down to the injury on my sister's abdomen. Bomb hisses in pain as I apply pressure, her eyes practically rolling to the back of her head. "Oh, Bomb," I whisper to my sister.

"I couldn't help it," she chokes on a pained laugh. I roll my eyes and take in a deep breath.

"She killed Doctor D in front of us then went on to talk about how she cut off some dude's hand and you still challenged her?" I ask my sister incredulously. The second the words pass through the part between my lips and reach the ears of the boys, Mad Gear, the one with all of the black paint on his neck and hands, is shooting up to his feet and looking at us with wide eyes.

"She killed Doctor D?" He asks, his voice barely above a whisper. I look up at the boy and nod my head solemnly, looking back down at my sister. The blood is soaking through the material of the sheets and I don't know if anyone is going to come and help us.

"This isn't working," Bomb mutters through chattering teeth, her eyes heavy as she tries to focus on me. "It's not--"

"Take one step back away from the bars," a S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W demands Missile Kid. If there wasn't a giant white sock over his head with the Better Living ind. creepy ass logo, he probably would be glaring at us all. Missile Kid stumbles back and bumps into Mad Gear, the two boys tripping over themselves and hitting the ground. The bars open swiftly and suddenly the light in the cell goes on, revealing the room to us all clearly. The sheet that I'm holding to my sister's stomach is white, just like everything else in this room except for the boys and us. The S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W  stands guard by the door as a Silencer storms in with her ponytail high and tight. She hauls my sister up by the arms and starts to carry her away.

"Where are you taking her?" I scream after them, my voice shaking tremendously.

"Infirmary," the Silencer answers me shortly before she's disappearing around the corner with my sister. Before I can even make a single move, a Draculoid is coming in right after and yanking me up to my feet by my curly mane of hair.

"Hey!" I yelp in pain, trying to fight him off of me. Missile Kid stands up and takes a step forward to me until the barrel of the Draculoid's ray gun is pointing at him. "Let me go!" I demand, but he simply turns me away and pulls my arms sharply behind my back. I feel something metal fasten around my wrists, and when I try to pull my hands apart, all I'm greeted with is cold, metallic pain. Handcuffs. The Drac marches me out of the cell before the S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W slams the bars shut again. I trip over my shoelaces and hit the ground hard on my knees. I look at my black skinny jeans, vaguely remembering Korse barking at me to grab them and my jacket before I was dragged out of my hospital room. The Drac yanks me back up to my feet and pulls me along after him with no remorse, not even turning back to look back at me. I try to calm my racing heart and my stuttering breaths, but all I want to do is burst out into tears. The Drac comes to a stop in front of a door and pushes it open, depositing me on my knees. My curly hair falls over my face as I stare at my dusty skinny jeans through blurry eyes.

"Get up," I hear Courtney Love sneer. When I cease to move, she grabs me by the back of my head and yanks my head up. A yelp gets caught in my throat as she forces me to look up. "You don't want to disobey me, Revolution." Courtney vexes.

"I don't want to be here," I growl.

"Aw, has little Revolution had enough? Why don't you go cry to your Mommy?" Courtney smirks. "Oh, wait, you don't remember her." She rolls her eyes and pulls me up to my feet. She leads me to a wooden chair and shoves me down onto it before crouching down by my legs. I close my eyes and wince as she fastens clamps around my ankles to keep me in place.