Chapter 10: Count To Seventeen And Close Your Eyes

||Third Person||Revolution and Kobra Kid||

Revolution's eyes slip open with a small yawn as she awakens from the slumber that felt like it could have lasted for centuries. She makes a small noise in the back of her throat as she tries to see past the bright lights surrounding her, and it takes her a moment to realize why everything is so white.

Battery City, home of the Dracs, Crows, Courtney, Korse, and the many citizens that are literal robots ready to be activated to become whatever they made Patrick. That makes Revolution's heart stutter a beat worriedly when she thinks about that. The fake name that Gerard insisted they come up with wasn't going to get the two sisters very far when the two are practically wanted fugitives with their pictures pasted everywhere. God, she groans inwardly, she's sitting in a hospital in Battery City when she's wanted for murder. Rev closes her eyes and sighs softly, her mind racing a hundred miles per hour. Bomb can't get arrested. Bomb didn't kill anyone. Rev thinks of that day with a visible grimace and remembers the cold metal of the trigger that her nine year old fingers were tugging on. She can feel the shock of the recoil and nearly getting hit in the face with the heavy pistol. She can remember the man with yellow eyes, just like Patrick, crumpling to the ground in a heap almost immediately. Revolution curls in on her side and clutches the arm hooked up to an IV as she heaves out a sigh. It's only a matter of hours before they realize that her name isn't really Rachel but Revolution. Or at least that's what she calls herself. She doesn't even remember her own name. She wasn't referred to it enough when she was a kid which is why it was so easy for her to forget it. The Adrenaline was a gift from God back when the Fires of 2012 happened, the year she killed a man. Almost seven years and she still remembers it like it happened just yesterday.

Her arm hurts the slightest bit, and the dull throb of a wound around her shoulder is the only thing she has to show for what she vaguely remembers getting shot accidentally by Pete. Kobra Kid's red leather jacket, the one that he wrapped around her arm tightly, is draped over the top of the IV drip lightly and the clothes she was wearing is folded neatly on the desk near her bed. If she had the strength, or energy, to move anymore than she already has, she would grab Mikey's jacket and pull it on over the airy hospital gown she's dressed in.

Rev closes her eyes again and sighs, patiently waiting for the inevitable revocation of her freedom. All is silent except for the steady beep of the heart monitor for the next few moments until she feels a shaking hand brush across her forehead. The pads of someone's calloused fingertips push the curly strands of her hair back. She doesn't even startle because the scent alone was familiar. Rev's eyes open the slightest bit and she peers up through heavy lidded eyes to see Mikey Way hovering over her with a concerned face.

"Kobra?" Rev whispers softly, and he smiles sheepishly and nods, sitting down on the edge of the bed while looking around worriedly. Rev almost forgets why he's being so cautious.

"Hey, hon'," he says in a soothing voice, his words light and soft. Her heart jumps in her chest when he speaks, and she curses herself mentally when the steady beep of her heart picks up the pace for a second before it goes back to normal. "You doing okay?" He asks her, raising his eyebrows slightly. He uses his other hand to push his hair back, but the blond strands fall over his forehead all over again. His roots are showing, a dark brown that she wonders what would look like if he let the hair dye wear out.

"What's going on...?" She asks him curiously, making a distressed noise as she clutches her aching stomach. Mikey reaches out and rests his other hand on her side, where he assumes the cut she sustained is located.

"You got hurt, remember?" He says, and of course she remembers. "I'm not supposed to be here actually."

"Why not?" She inquires softly.