Chapter 39: Make It Easy

|| First Person || Bomb Sunshine ||

Once Kobra ushers Revolution out the studio, I glare up at Party Poison.

"My sister has been hallucinating for three days and you haven't told me?" I sneer. Anger boils in my blood and I feel my hands clench into fists.
"Hey, Elaine, calm down," Patrick warns as he stands behind me. He takes a hold of my left shoulder but I shrug his hand off.
"Yeah, calm down," Gerard says.
"Calm down? My sister has been seeing things and having breakdowns about them, and you want me to calm down?!" I scoff. "Why didn't you tell me?"
"You were asleep," Gerard states.

I let out a shaky breath and pocket my fidgeting hands. I fixate my attention to the floor, trying to calm myself enough to talk in a leveled voice.

"Elaine?" Patrick tries, his voice in a concerned whisper.
"Why didn't you just wake me up, then?" I manage to say through a shaking voice. I look back up at Gerard. He studies me with fear slightly shining in his green eyes. "It's not like I was in Battery City! Even if I was, I'd still get to her at any cost!"
"Sweetheart, you needed the rest," Patrick tries to reason.
"No, I needed to be there for my sister!" I nearly yell. Patrick shrinks away from me and I want to apologize to him, but I'm far too angry with Gerard that he is notifying me of this breakdown Revolution has been experiencing.

"Have you two encountered a girl that might have left some trauma with her?" Party asks. I can't bring myself to answer the question, keeping my end of the secret. Only Patrick knows what Revolution has done and that is a liable reason as to her hallucinations. I tense at the thought of telling Gerard. He would probably tell the rest of the group. Rev would find out what Daniel Carter really is to her. She wouldn't forgive me.

"Bomb, just tell him," Patrick mumbles. His hand brushes against mine in a small attempt to comfort me. Party crosses his arms and raises a brow at us.

"So, you do know a reason?" he questions. "Who's the girl?"
"I-I can't tell you," I stammer.
"Bomb," Patrick scolds. He looks at me with a disappointed glare. I shrug at his response, feeling hallow and pressured.
"I can't," I repeat with more stress.
"This is your war," Patrick says. "I'll help you fight it, but I won't fight it for you."
"I'm not asking you to," I snap.

Party clears his throat to gain my attention again. I turn to him.
"Well?" he asks. "Why is Nova hallucinating?"

Possible answers swim through my head, all of them leading to ratting her out on killing our father. I remind myself that it was the right thing. She did it as a form of self defense. I remember Daniel's yellow eyes and subtly flinch away from Patrick's gentle touch. I decide to tell a good portion of the truth. Gerard deserves that much.

"We don't know any little girls," I say to him. "It's just her withdrawals."
"Have you been hallucinating?" Gerard asks. I lie and shake my head, not wanting to remember the false images of Draculoids. Patrick blows a frustrated sigh from behind me.

"I'm sorry, Party, but can I have a moment with Bomb, please?" he asks. Gerard gives us a wary stare. I look up at Patrick, reading that he is probably mad at me. A part of me hates that thought while another part almost doesn't want to care.

"No fooling around," Party warns.
"Oh, we won't," Patrick says. "In fact, it's something we really need to get to business with."

Gerard nods and heads for the door, but I stop him before he exits.

"The next time I'm not around when Rev is acting like this, tell me as soon as possible," I demand. The redheaded killjoy nods again and leaves the studio, leaving me and Patrick alone.

"What the hell was that?" Patrick asks rhetorically. I turn to face him. His voice is dropped to a harsh whisper, making sure no one overhears us all the while making his emotion of anger and disappointment clear.