Chapter 31: Trade All My Tomorrows

|| First Person || Bomb Sunshine ||

I find myself stirring awake before the sun rises. It's nothing abnormal to me now. When I open my eyes, I'm greeted by Patrick's leather jacket and my mind registers that my arms are wrapped around his torso. I shrink away from his sleeping form, a blush claiming my face. Patrick sighs sleepily as he turns over, his groggy eyes blinking open to meet mine. He gives a lazy smile and tries to pull me towards him.

"Where're you goin'?" he mumbles.
"Nowhere," I whisper before connecting our lips for a short moment. Patrick hums contently against my lips, resting his hand on my waist.
"So, why are you up?" Patrick asks. I shrug and lie down next to him. "Just an early bird?"
"When I need to be," I answer. "Besides, we'll all be heading back to the studio soon."
"I guess you're right," he huffs. I can tell Patrick doesn't want to get up yet, but he faces the inevitable anyway.

I remember Patrick's trance from last night as I stretch my arms, relieving them from their stiff feeling. I notice him study his hook, frowning at the metal item. I wrap my arms around his shoulders before kissing his jaw.

"How're you feeling?" I ask him. Patrick shrugs nonchalantly though his face shows otherwise. His pale hand wraps around my tan one.
"I'll be okay," he says, forcing a smile for me— for himself. "Just... kind of worried it'll happen again."
"You'll be okay," I say with a smile tugging at my lips. "Just like you said."

Patrick turns to me with a weak smile of gratitude before he kisses me. I bury my face in the crook of his neck, wishing we could sleep in for another hour or so. I wish we could sleep without the fear of dracs or silencers finding us.

We decide to pack our things up as the rest of the group begins to rise from their slumber. I search the area for my sister, spotting her in tow of Mikey Way. Gerard gives his brother a subtle look that earns a shake of Kobra's head as he stifles a yawn. The redhead goes to Andy and the two talk about our next destination, I assume.

With no words exchanged, we climb into the Defenders' van, Kobra and Revolution directly across from me and Patrick. Rev scoots away from the blonde boy just as Andy and Pete enter the driver and passenger seats.

"You alright?" Kobra and I ask simultaneously. I give him a wary glance, finding the coincidence unsettling. Kobra tries to give me a friendly smile, but I don't respond to it.

"I'm fine," Rev answers, eyeing the both of us. I can tell she's lying but I don't know what it is that rests on her mind. I toss a skeptical glare at my sister. She studies me, not wanting to speak the unknown truth that rests within her.

"You sure?" I ask. Rev nods, hugging her knees to her chest. Patrick's hand wraps around my arm, gently warning me to lay off. I look back at the former singer, his blue eyes gently pleading me to not antagonize my sister.

"Just leave her alone, Bomb," he urges gently.
"Thanks, Demon Boy," Rev says with a fake smile. Patrick heaves a sigh, but doesn't say anything to her comment.
"Rev, stop calling him that," I say firmly. "His name is Patrick."
"Didn't seem like Patrick last night," she shrugs before turning her attention out the window. I go towards her but Patrick holds me back again.

"Just let it go," he says. I can hear the hurt in his voice, though he doesn't want to show it. "It's fine."
"It's not fine," I huff. "You're not some demon—"
"Bomb, just leave it alone," Patrick begs. He forces a smile and pulls me into his chest. He wants to forget about it all, I can see it in his eyes. "It's fine."

I find myself forming into the blonde's embrace, my rising anger now subsiding. It's a strange sense of calmness that he creates for me. I heard Kobra chuckle. I turn to the two, finding him wrapping an arm around Revolution's frame.