Chapter 45: Thriller

|| First Person || Bomb Sunshine ||

I manage to climb down the stairs and search for Patrick. I recognize his faint shadow moving against the white door of the room he's in. I enter the space and knock on the door frame; the singer turns to me and instantly smiles, his blue eyes lighting up. My heart flutters a little as my cheeks warm up when I return the smile at the boy.

"You needed my opinion?" I remind him. Patrick rests his hand on my swollen stomach before kissing me. He chuckles against my lips, the slight vibration making me only smile a little more.

"Blue or pink?" he asks just above a whisper. I roll my eyes at the question, already knowing his motive for such an inquiry. Patrick swears we're expecting a son and keeps asking me what I think the gender of our baby will be. Gender doesn't matter to me. I just want our baby to be as healthy as possible and protected from the hell we're going through.

"I don't care," I chuckle. "You made me walk all the way down here for that?"
"It's an opinion," Patrick tries to argue with a grin slowly claiming his face.
"My back hurts," I playfully glare at him. Regret and worry instantly claims Patrick's features. A frown tugs at the corners of his lips.

"I'm sorry, hon," he sighs with slight dejection. I plant a kiss on his lips with a gentle smile. Patrick's hand reaches to the small of my back and he begins to massage circles there, relieving me from the tension.

"It's okay," I smile at the blonde.
"We're heading out," Party's voice interjects as he passes by Patrick's room. Patrick blows a sigh and I can already sense his slight disapproval of the idea.

"Can't Bomb and I stay here? Y'know, since she's pregnant?" Patrick calls out to the killjoy. Party turns to him, his eyebrows raised the slightest.

"So you guys can make another one?" the redhead smirks. "I don't think so. It's a short Zone Run, Acid is showing us this nearby store and we still need supplies."
"I just don't think it's fair," Patrick says. "She needs a rest."
"You should've thought of that before you got yourselves into this," Party chuckles. "Now, let's go. Follow us. I think Rev should be down soon."

I take Patrick's hand into my grasp and lead him towards the van. He continues to rant about how he doesn't want me to tag along in this Zone Run and I let him ramble away until he stops walking. The sudden pause earns a subtle jerk of my arm. I realize I had blocked out his speech of why he doesn't want me to go. I've heard it all before.

"Elaine, I'm serious," Patrick states. "I don't think this would be good for you or the baby."
"We can't argue with Party," I remind the Defender. I tug on Patrick's hand, motioning him to come closer to me. "I'll be okay. So will the baby, alright?"

Patrick heaves another sigh before nodding, then climbs into the van and gently assists me to join him in the vehicle. I take my seat next to him, breathless from the movement I had to do. Aside from the many restrictions Gerard had put me on, the worst part of this pregnancy was being tired. Everything made me lose breath.

Rev and Mikey climb into the van, sitting across from me and Patrick. My sister passes my backpack to me. I had forgotten upstairs; I give her a smile of gratitude as I take the item. I study Revolution, noticing something is off with her. She isn't fully here, mentally.

"You okay, Rev?" I ask, nudging my sister's shoe with my own. She looks over at me, then nods.

"Yeah," she says. "Just thinking."

Kobra wraps an arm around her shoulders, pulling her into a slight embrace. Rev rests her head on the killjoy's leather-clad shoulder.

"Any names for the bun in the oven?" Kobra asks with a slight smirk twitching at his lips. Patrick and I exchange a glance with a smile. I keep my hands busy with the Defender's fingers as his hand rests protectively on my stomach.