Chapter 5: Vintage Misery

||First Person||Bomb Sunshine||

Images of the man that we might have killed flash behind my eyes. Rev and I exchange a look, unsure of how to feel about the new information.

"D-Do you think we might be...?" Rev tries to ask, her brown eyes showing disgust. I cringe at the thought we share. We can't be related to Korse. We just can't.
"No! Nooo," I stress, feeling vile at the thought. "I promise you, we're not related to any assholes!"
"I don't know about Rev, but I sure can believe it for Bomb," Kobra smirks from the driver's seat. Rev hides a laugh with a scowl as she kicks the back of Kobra's chair, earning a laugh from him.

"Eyes on the road, jackass," I chuckle. "Where are we headed to, Poison?"
"To find the Defenders of Faith," he smiles. "Fuck, I need a cigarette..."
"Well, looks like we both can't win," I smirk. "You can't have a smoke and I can't get definite answers from you."
"Ooh, I wouldn't test his limits, if I were you," Ghoul warns with a laugh. "It's bad enough this guy is a pile of sassy scum, but it's worse when he hasn't had a smoke in a while."
"Frank, I have something for you," Poison says nonchalantly. Poison pats all of the pockets on his pants before raising the middle finger at Ghoul, directing it in his face. The car fills up with laughs.

"It was my last one and I decided to give it to you, so be proud," Poison huffs.
"Frank?" I quiz, referring to the title Party Poison had given him before. Fun Ghoul nods with a chuckle.

"You could call me that, but Fun Ghoul works too," Frank explains shortly.
"Frank, Gerard, Mikey, and Ray," Rev informs me, pointing to Ghoul, Poison, Kobra Kid, and Jet Star.

"Alright, we're running low on gas," Kobra announces. "If you plan on breaking anymore laws, lay low or count me in it."
"Bring Twinkies!" Ray calls out to Mikey. The blonde flips him off, earning a laugh from Jet.

"Oh, shit, totally forgot," Rev mumbles as she takes the box of junk food from the bag and hands it to Ray.
"Thanks," he smiles as he opens the box, dividing the individually wrapped treats between the six of us.

I look at the time on the dashboard, finding it to be 4:45 in the afternoon. I rummage in my bag and take out the adrenaline pills- one for Rev and one for me. We have a routine, almost. Depending on how much we have, we usually take two doses a day. It helps us forget; it helps us survive. We down the pills with a swig of water.

"I need to stretch out," Gerard groans. "Fuck, I need a smoke. I'm gonna have a smoke."

Mikey leans against the car as the gas nozzle rests in the car, feeding it the fuel it needs. Almost like Rev and I with adrenaline. Gerard takes a pack of cigarettes out and lights one at his lips, taking a drag of the toxic stick. He offers a stick to Frank and he accepts, making small talk with him.

"You okay?" I ask Rev, making sure the air isn't bothering her. Revolution nods and I give her a playful push on the shoulder.

"Our friends, Fall Out Boy," Mikey starts, "were somewhere near a facility that the Silencers run. We were headed there, but they're probably a little further than we mapped."
"So, what were they?" I ask. I shove my hands in my back pockets as I look up at Kobra Kid.

"They were a band," he says.
"No, like, what kind of band? Were they big? Shit like that," I clarify.
"Rock band that hit the charts. It was a shocker because they're all just nerds," Mikey snorts as he watches the sun slowly set.

"Check this out," Mikey says as he sits on the hood of the car. He swings his body to lie down on the car, his head resting on the windshield as he looks up at the sky. "Take the other side."

Rev and I lie down on the trunk and stare up at the sky that mixes into faded pastels of blue and pink, light clouds only catching weakening rays of sunlight, making them a creamy orange.