Chapter 27

As I check Tate's king and win my third game out of the five we played today, a sweet delectable smell catches my attention. Tate also noticed the smell and turns to me with a smile on his face.

I challenge you to a rematch later tonight, Tate says.

Challenge accepted, I say and start putting away the chess board and pieces.

Tate and I say goodbye to beau and climb down the ladder. We walk down the hallway, down the big staircase, and walk into the kitchen.

In the kitchen Moira is taking out the golden brown turkey. Hayden is in the corner rocking her baby girl she named Chloe McClaine.

Chloe is a month old with blue eyes and chestnut brown hair. She currently weighs nine pounds and is absolutely adorable.

She has brightened up this house like you wouldn't even believe. Hayden is not obsessed with my dad, but they are finally normal with each other.

She is occupied with her new baby that she was somehow able to get from an orphanage. Who would ever give her a baby? I have no freaking clue.

Hayden made me the godmother of Chloe, Which I was really surprised about. Ever since she got Chloe, she has been nicer to everyone.

I walk into the dining room and everyone from the house is seated at the long table. Constance also is seated with holy shit... Michael is here.

Does Tate know. Holy shit why is he here. Tate walks in and his eyes directly go to Constance. They immediately go cold like sheets of ice.

Then his eyes go to Michael and his mouth drops open. The sheets of ice that were once his eyes are know filled with something I can't recognize.

He stays like that for a couple of seconds, then closes his mouth, and walks out. I was not expecting that. Michael is know three. Jeffrey and Michael's fourth birthday is coming up really soon.

Moira comes in and sets the three pound turkey in the center of the table along with a small bowl of mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie.

We can't eat cause we are all dead, but Constance and Michael can. My mom comes in with a sleeping Jeffrey in her arms and Hayden comes in with Chloe in her arms who is smiling her usual happy smile.

Moira shuffles into the kitchen again and comes out with Chloe's car seat carrier and puts it on the table. Hayden thanks Moira who smiles back at Hayden.

Constance picked it up a couple days after Hayden got Chloe. Chloe is only a month old and is really tiny.

She is still too small and fragile for a high chair but fits perfectly in a car seat carrier. It looks almost like a mobile bassinet. It is light pastel pink and black.

I go back into the kitchen to try and find Tate. He isn't there. Hayden then comes into the kitchen and opens up one of the formulas and puts it in a bottle.

She runs the bottle under warm water until it is the perfect temperature. Just then my dad calls me into the dinning room and tells me to sit down.

I do but I'm worried about Tate. Where could he be. When everyone except Tate have sat down, Constance and Michael starts eating right away.

Hayden puts the bottle in Chloe's mouth who is gratefully accepting it and drinking it all up. I look around the table and the first time ever the house is at complete serenity.

Conversations have blossomed between everyone. The whole dining room is filled with chatter.

After 30 minutes of me staring down at the table, Constance and Michael have finished their food and Moira is up on her feet cleaning off the table.

After it is cleared, Mr.Montgomery is the first to leave from the table, I assume to go downstairs and finish his work that he is occupied with everyday.

I then get up and go straight to my room to look for Tate. When I get there, I look around the room and he isn't in here.

I look in the attic with Beau, my dads office, the kitchen, the dining room, the bathroom, my parents bedroom, and the living room.

Still no where. Where is he. Where the hell is Tate.