Chapter 9

Marci opens the door and she steps in with the family right behind. The family consists of a dad and an
expecting mother.

So, the family is pretty small. Make a lot of noise, Tate whispers to me. Wow, the mother says, this is beautiful she says pointing to the glass.

Walk towards the stairs very quietly. Do not go up them, wait for me Tate says. I walk towards them without making a sound and when I approach the first step I stop.

I turn back around to face Tate where he watched me the whole time. He smiled when he saw me looking back at him, knowing that his planning was gonna go well.

He then walks over to the door that was still open very quietly. When he gets there, he pauses for a few seconds, then slams the door as hard as he can.

If he did it any harder, than the door would have fallen off the hinges. Marci and the family turn around. It was just the wind, Marci assures them hoping she convinced them.

A smile of satisfaction spreads across Tate's face. He makes his way towards me still very quietly. We are going to go up the stairs, but make as much noise as possible. we will go on my count, Tate says.

I nod in response. I take a look around and just know realized that everyone has dispersed. The only ones left are the family, Marci, and us.

He takes my hand and laces it with his. One, he counts. Two, three, now he says. We run up the stairs putting all our weight in our steps to make them as loud as possible.

Hello, is someone there, the dad asks. The twins are now down there with them throwing there poppers around. You could here it all the way from upstairs.

We go to our room. Tate's room that was then my room. Go in the middle and don't do anything until I tell you, Tate says.

I do as he says and walk to the middle of the room and face forward towards the door and Tate. He is by the hinges of the door waiting.

When he hears them about to come in, he gets ready. Marci starts to open the door and Tate slams it closed so they all bump into the door.

He then comes over by me. You scream as loud as you can for as long as you can and I will jump up and down. Ready, he asks. Yea, I reply.

Now, he says. I plug my ears with my hands and scream as loud as I can. I scream for as long as I can until Tate taps me to stop. I take my hands away from my ears.

You did good, he says and puts his arm around me. I just now see that Marci and the family are on the floor, all of them have their hands over their ears.

When they realize the noises have stopped, they slowly take their hands off their ears and stand up. Are you okay Cherry, asks the man.

Yea, Steve, Im fine, she says. Well now we now both their names. What is going on here, Steve demands. Is this supposed to be a joke, Cherry says.

No not at all. It was probably just something outside. Steve and Cherry don't seem convinced. Okay, so this is the last bedroom in the house.

It is pretty big bedroom, Marci says trying to divert attention from the incident that just happened. Steve and Cherry step fully in with Marci and look around the room.

This house is really nice, Cherry says to Bob. Tate then walks back over to the door where he was before getting ready.

Just as they are about to fully walk out, Tate slams the door in their faces again, causing them to fall back on the ground.

Cherry, I''m over here, right behind you, Tate says in a calm steady voice, but yet still creepy. Cherry pounces to her feet and whips open the door.

She runs right out and down the stairs as fast as she can. Steve and Marci following right behind her. Tate looks at me and I look at him.

We smile at each other and I walk closer to him. That was pure genius, I say. He chuckles. I try, he says. Which then makes me chuckle.

He leans in and kisses me. It doesn't last very long sadly. I'm the first one to pull away. I look directly into his eyes. Later, they are still in the house, I say

And with that we walk back downstairs. We see Steve and Cherry full of terror stricken across both of their pale white faces.

I'm sorry but I don't think we can take this house, there is just something not right here, Cherry says and Steve and Cherry run out of the house, heading straight to their car.

Marci walks out of the house, defeated once again and closes the door. Tate turns so he is right in front of me. He takes both my hands in his.

One of his hands in one of mine and the other hand of his laced around my other hand. He leans in and kisses me.

When we pull away, he says we did it and smiles with a look of success and triumph all across his face. Yea we did, I say and smile.

Let's go upstairs, I say.