Chapter 6

After scrabble I changed the music to Nirvana and we went to go sit on my bed. We listened to Nirvana and talked like we used to.

Do you cut anymore, Tate asks. No, I reply, I promised you I wouldn't. Don't you remember, I ask. Of course I remember. I just wanted to see if you kept your promise, he says.

We end up turning off the music and just talking. Next thing I know, I am curled up by Tate, us both asleep. When I wake up from my sleep, I find myself next to Tate.

His face expression so soft and peaceful, so innocent. His blond curls fall over his face so effortlessly. His deep, dark brown eyes hidden by his eyelids.

I lay my head back down on Tate's chest, where it was when I was sleeping, when I woke up, and is now. What even are we? Are we friends? More than friends?

I don't think I really ever was friends with Tate. I think I always wanted to be more than friends. I don't think I want to be friends now either. I may still be in love with him, but is he still in love with me?

I don't know for sure. I look up to see Tate looking down at me. He smiles at me and I smile back. He lays back down, but pulls me over so now I'm on top of him.

How did you sleep, he asks. Fine, I reply. You, I ask. Great, he replies with a smile. What do you wanna do, I ask. Let's go up to the attic, we haven't been up there together in so long, he says.

Okay, I reply. We get up and go to the hallway leading to the attic. We pull down the stairs and go up them. When we get up there we sit there side by side each other.

Oh, I forgot to tell you, but look what I got, he says and holds up a pack of cigarettes. When he opens the top he reveals that there is only half left, but hey some is better than none.

Holy shit Tate, where did you find these, I ask. I found them outside the house. Here, he says and holds up a cigarette and puts it in my mouth for me.

He takes out a liter and I lean in to the lit flame that lights the end of the cigarette. He puts one in his mouth and lights it himself too.

We end up smoking only three cigarettes each, so a total of six. As we were smoking I could feel Tate getting closer to me, inching himself in more and more and I did the same.

We ended up pulling out the pictures again and looking at them together. Me with my back against the wall and Tate directly in front of me.

He is only two feet away. When he gets the pictures, he minimizes the space from two feet to one foot.

When he starts to pull out the pictures, I scoot a little closer so A. we could see them together and B. because I wanted to minimize the space less.

Now there is only six inches between us. He holds the pictures in the middle of us, so when we both lean in to look at them better, we both minimize the space to three inches.

Only three inches. I look at his lips, so soft and sweet. God how I have missed his lips. I look back down at the picture of the house.

That was the family that started it all. The Montgomery's to be exact. He flips the picture to their baby. Do you know the name of the baby, I ask. Thaddeus, he replies.

Why did she want a new baby if she already have one, I ask. It was kidnaped and when the police found it and brought it back it was decapitated.

Then Charles, brought it back to life, but instead of it being the same way it was before, it was evil. It craved for blood.

I don't say anything because I kind of feel bad for Nora. A mother with a heartache and just wants it to be fixed. Tate tried to fix that.

I flip the next picture. This time Tate scoots a little closer. Two inches left. It is a picture of all of them: Charles, Nora, and the baby.

After we are done looking at the pictures Tate puts them away and I stand up. I look down for a second or two and when I look up Tate is gone.

Tate. Come on Tate I'm not playing hide n go seek Tate, I call. Tate, where are you, I ask. Right here, he sAts from behind me which makes me turn around sharply.

He starts laughing. You asshole, I say a slightly shove him. I lean against the wall and release a long exhale of half breath and half release.

He comes closer to me. Back to those damn three inches separating us. Hey, I told nothing can hurt you I won't let it.

I feel myself lean in an inch. Two inches left. Tate eyes meet mine just for a second. Then he leans in and kisses me. The sensation I feel on my lips is so indescribable, no one else can give me this feeling but him. I kiss him back.