Chapter 14

I wake up to the glowing bright morning light. The air is warm and soft. The smell of spices fill the air. Like nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger.

It is probably Chad baking something. I know ghosts don't eat, but he stills like to bake and just gives whatever he bakes to Constance.

I decide to get up and go take a shower. When I'm done I go in my room and listen to The Ramones until my hair is completely dry.

When my hair is completely dry I start to walk downstairs. As I'm walking down I hear voices talking and only get louder and louder as I walk down the steps.

When I reach the bottom I can finally make some sense in what they are saying.

I told you to stay away from her, a man says agitatedly.

She came to me, another man replies but not as agitated.

God, Tate, please you have been basically stalking her from afar, the man says. So one of them is Tate.

I still kept a distant. It's not like I tried to talk to her, Tate says.

Oh please, I bet it was you who kept going after her. You don't deserve to be forgiven, the other man says which I can now make out as my father.

Weren't you the one who said three years ago that we were not all that different. Didn't you cheat on Viven twice, but yet she forgave you, Tate says.

And I don't know how she forgave you, my father says.

If she was able to forgive me and Violet was able to forgive me and almost this whole house was able to forgive me, than you should be able to also, Tate says.

He walks out of my dads office and stops dead in his tracks when he sees me and he knows I heard them talking.

I can't forgive you because you don't deserve to be forgiven, my dad says following Tate out of his office and when he sees me, he stops dead in his tracks too.

All I can do is stare.