Chapter 7

We are still kissing. It is not rough, but soft and still passionate. Full of love. It feels like we have been kissing for hours when I know for sure it has only been 10 minutes.

Next thing I know we are both slowly sliding down so we can sit down on the floor, the whole time our lips don't break contact from each other's.

God how much I missed him, missed this. A little after we passed the thirty minute mark, we pull away both out of breath and panting hard.

Should we get back together, I ask. If that's what you want, he replies. I answer him by smiling which he returns immediately.

He stretches out his right hand and says, Hi, I'm Tate, I'm dead, Wanna hook up.

I laugh and put my hand behind his neck and pull him closer to me so I can kiss him, which he doesn't dismiss.

Now I know for sure it has been at least an hour maybe two of straight kissing. We break away to the sound of my dad calling my name.

Violet, he calls.

Violet, he calls again

I'm coming, I reply.

I walk down the stairs and asked my dad what. He says to come with him, mom and him need to talk to me about something.

Now you know that Halloween is in a week, my dad said. And every year in Halloween ghosts like us get to leave, you know that, my mom says.

So what you want to go somewhere, I say. Yea, me and your father want to go out together, he says. So you guys are going on a date and don't want me there, I say.

It's not that we don't want you there, my dad starts but I cut him off. It's fine, I will be fine. I don't care if you guys go out without me.

Are you sure, my dad says. Yea, I say. I get up and walk out of the room. I go back towards the attic, but when I get there it is closed so Tate probably shut it.

I don't know where he is so I go straight to my room. Tate is laying down on my bed sleeping, so I just curl up next to him and fall asleep too.