Chapter 34

Yes, of course Tate, I reply.

He stands up and slides the ring onto my finger. It's beautiful. It has one big diamond in the middle and two smaller ones on either side of the big diamond.

The whole ring and diamonds are black. There are pretty big diamonds on them. Almost too big.

Surely Constance and her boyfriend had paid for this. The ring must have costed a fortune. I glance at the ring now on my finger. The way it glistens in the moonlight.

Oh Tate, I say.

I take both my hands and place them on either side of his face and kiss him. A kiss filled with so much passion and love.

I pull away and gaze into his eyes. God I love him I really love him. And just like that everything makes sense.

Like something clicked. That's why he was so weird. Checking the mail, talking to Constance in the back yard, looking on the internet and whenever I walked in the room he would quickly close the screen.

Come on, let's go inside, Tate says.

Okay, I say looking up at him.

As soon as I step into the door, my mother and Moira approach me with smiles on their faces.

Let me see, my mom says to me.

I show her my hand and she gasps.

It's huge Vi, she says.

It's lovely, Moira says smiling at me.

I smile back at them both.

Are you happy, they ask.

Yes, I reply.

Good, my mom replies.

Let's go by everyone else. We don't want to keep them waiting, Moira says.

We follow her back by where the tree is. It is bare still. Just waiting to be decorated by all of us.

It smells of fresh pine. We start putting on the lights first. They are bright white lights that are strung around the tree.

Then Moira brings in the ornaments from the basement. She opens the lid and Chad is the first one to grab an ornament.

I grab one of the white snowflakes and walk over to the tree to put it on. I go up on my tiptoes and reach as far as I can up.

Just as I'm about to loose my balance, I feel a pair of long, warm hands placed softly on my hips.

But, if it weren't for the hands placed on my hips, I probably would have fallen over. After I hooked the ornament on the tree, I look behind me.

When I see its Tate's hands on my waist, I smile at him.

Don't worry, I got you, he says.

I smile and turn around to face him.He keeps his hands on my hips the entire time.

You know you can take your hands off me now, I say.

I know, he says and pulls me closer to his face.

But, I don't want to, he says and pulls me in closer where his lips meet mine.

Kissing Tate has always been a favorite of mine. When I'm with him I always feel at home, where I belong. Tate is like my safe place. Correction, he is my safe place.

When we pull away from the kiss, we are both smiling at each other.

I love, Tate, I say not letting my smile drop from my face.

I love you too, Vi, he says mirroring my smile.

I turn so I am at his side and not directly facing him anymore. He wraps his arm around me and pulls me in close to him.

Once the tree is all finished, my dad plugs it in and the whole tree lights up. Its probably about 6 feet high and smells of pine. The lights and ornaments both match at a bright, shimmery white.

I look around the room and for the first time I think I see everyone actually happy. Smiles are on everyone's faces. Everything is at bliss.

Hayden is sitting in a chair rocking Chloe to sleep. She is getting really big really fast. Chad is standing in front of the tree, making sure everything is in order and looks perfect.

Pat is reading a book on something. I don't really know because I didn't see the title or anything, but he looks interested in it. The nurses are even here.

We got them to change into clean clothes so they are not in the same clothes they have been in for years. They actually kinda look normal now. Nora is here standing by the door.

She too is admiring the beautiful tree that we just finished decorating a moment ago. Even Charles came upstairs, which really surprised me. He is standing next to Nora with his hand on her shoulder.

All of a sudden I feel something trickling down my leg...

Blood.
________________________________

A/N:

Sorry that it took so long to update. I was originally gonna post this on Christmas, but then it got really chaotic and shit. So it won't exactly line up with today, but I will fix that.

I hope everyone likes this chapter and thank you everyone who has read my book. Your support means everything guys.

👽 Gia 👽