Chapter 3

After Tate had left I felt empty like something was missing and not because I'm dead or a ghost now. I know that thing is Tate that made me feel whole, but I don't want him to. I understand where he is coming from, but I don't think I could forgive. It was not me who really got hurt, It was my mom. My mom is the one who forgave him, so maybe I should too.

My thoughts get interrupted when my mom pops her head into my room and asks if we could talk. I tell her yes and she comes and sits on my bed with me. Violet, I know you were down there when I forgave Tate and I know you listened in on the whole thing. I also know you are probably confused why after all he has done, she says. Yea, I am mom. How could you just forgive him, why would you just forgive him, I say.

Violet, evryone makes mistakes, you, me, dad, Tate, everyone. I believe in second chances otherwise I would have divorced your father. Look at him, look at how many mistakes he made and I still forgave him. Tate is truely sorry for what he has done and has changed because of you. You made him change for the better. I know the only reason you did not forgive him is because I didn't forgive him, but now I have and maybe you should to.

I'm not saying you have to be friends with him or even talk to him, but at least try to forgive him like I did. If he did those things to me and I am able to forgive him, than you can. He is truely sorry for what he has done, you can tell. He did pay three long years. Everyone here is slowly starting to forgive him. Chad forgave him and Patrick is trying to forgive him too.

It takes time I get it, but I think he has served his time. Three years is a long time here. The difference between his three years and your three years is that you atleast had my and your father to talk to. Tate has absolutly nobody here that talked to him for those three years. That is an extremly long time, but even though being alone and lonely for three years is a down side, the upside is that now he understands the full extent of what he has done, she says.

Think about it Violet, you are here for eternity with him, you might as well forgive him. And with that she walks out of the room and leaves me back to my thoughts. I understand why he has been forgiven and that he is truley sorry for what he has done.