Chapter 29

I get up from the floor.

Haha very funny Tate, I say.

Vi, I'm telling the truth, Tate says standing up so he can face me.

No your not, you are just messing with me Tate so knock it off. You are not gonna scare me, I reply back to Tate.

I knew you wouldn't believe me, he says. I just knew it, he says raising his voice. His eyes are filled with hurt.

My mouth twists a little contemplating if I should let him continue or not. Should I believe him?

I'm not sure if I can. I just don't know. If he is telling the truth, I want to hear the rest of what he was saying.

I sit down on the floor and look up at him.

Can you finish what you were talking about, I ask.

He sits down and replies with, sure.

Well when I went threw the wall, all around me I saw was red, he says. There were red rocks all over the place and it was so hot, he adds.

It must have been nearly 120 degrees Fahrenheit. I've never been in a place that hot ever before.

I was covered in pools of my own sweat within seconds of being in that room. My mouth had never been more dry in my life.

I finally unfroze myself from shock and reached my hand out to touch the wall. It was covered in rose thorns.

I ever so slightly touched the wall and must have got pricked at least six times, Tate said.

Tate extended the finger that he used to touch the wall and holy fuck there are six marks there. Usually when we got cut the marks went away within 10 seconds.

They won't go away Violet. They have been there for at least a couple minutes now, Tate said.

And that's the thing. We are ghosts, we cannot feel. The room I went in defied everything of being dead. I felt again Vi and God did it feel good.