Chapter 18

Tomorrow is Halloween. I can't wait to get out of this shit hole that I am stuck in three hundred sixty four days a freaking year.

I still don't know where the hell Tate and I are going cause he won't tell me. He said we will be going out on our date around nine at night.

God, how I have missed him. The house is now half way done with the decorations according to Chad.

Today he got up at 4 in the morning just to do the decorations. There are more lights this year than there was last year.

There is also more pumpkins than last year. Chad really gets in to this stuff. It's the only thing that can make him truly happy in this house.

I guess you could say it is his passion. Well decorating in generally, but he takes a certain liking to Halloween.

There are lights in every room in the house. I kept the lights that Tate put up for me and would not let him take them down.

So he kept the whit lights up but unplugged them so they don't light up. He then used clear tape and taped black and orange lights to the ceiling.

You can't even see the tape. Then he plugged them in the outlet that Tate's lights were plugged into.

Chad put all the white candles in a box and put them under my bed. He then put orange and black candles everywhere and lights them everyday.

I look at the clock. It's 8:47. This is earlier than I'm usually up at. I hear a soft knock on the door.

Come in, I say.

Tate comes in his hair wet cause he just got out of the shower. Heyy, he says walking over and kisses me for a couple of seconds.

He sits down right in front of me on one of his legs. The other leg hangs over the bed. The leg he is sitting on, his knee is touching mine.

He leans a little forward and smiles. Tomorrow is Halloween. Are you excited, he asks still smiling.

Yes, but I would be more excited if you would just tell me where we are going, I say. No, that is a surprise, he says. But I hate surprises, I say.

I know, Tate replies with.

Come on I have a surprise downstairs for you. Well, I first had to get permission from Chad first if it was acceptable, Tate says with a chuckle.

Which makes me laugh. He grabs both my hands and leans his head in and kisses me for about a minute or two.

He pulls away. Come on, he says.

With him still holding my hands with his, he stands up and brings me with him.

And we start walking downstairs towards my surprise.