Chapter 19

You actually can't see your surprise until a little later, Tate says. What do you mean, I ask.

Well, when it is dark out, then you can see your surprise, he says. So, I have to wait that long, I say.

Yep, he says with a smile. Ughh, I say. It's 9:00 now, so in like eleven hours I can see it. Great. This should be a fun wait.

Eleven hours later:

After eleven long and painful hours of waiting, Tate says I can now see my surprise. It is eight o'clock at night right now.

Okay ready, Tate says. Depends. Are we actually going to see the surprise this time or am I going to have to wait eleven hours again, I say.

No, you can actually see it this time, He says. Okay, then let's go see it, I say. Okay, he says.

We start walking to the front door. Close your eyes, he instructs and I obey. He then walks in front of me and I hold onto his arm to guide me.

He opens the door, closes it, and starts walking to the backyard. A few steps after we reached the grass, we stopped.

He stands in front of me. Are you ready, he asks. Yep, I say. Okay, open your eyes, he says.

When I open my eyes, what I see is absolutely beautiful. My mouth drops open in complete awe.

We are right in front of the gazebo. There are black and orange lights strung all over the gazebo from the top to the bottom.

There are candles hanging inside the gazebo from the top. There are candles all around the handle. But there is one thing that gets my eye.

All around the gazebo are fake leaves. But not just any leaves. They are fall colored leaves. He remembered. I can't believe he remembered.

You remembered, I say. Of course I did, he says. Tate is smiling and watching my expression. This is amazing. Thank you, I say to Tate and kiss him.