Chapter 2

Three days later:

I'm in my room listening to Nirvana when I hear a small knock on the door. I pause the music on my ipod and open the door. There standing is none the other than Tate himself. That was a good song that was playing. You shouldn't have stopped it, Tate says. Why are you here, I ask.

I just want to talk he says. Why should I listen to you after all you have done I say. I know that I made terrible mistakes in the past, but I just want you to know why I did what I did. You deserve to know at least that. I'm not looking for anything more. Like us getting back together, us being friends, or asking you for forgiveness. Just talking and I promise I will never bother you again. I won't watch you, try and talk to you, or even glance at you. I will completely vanish from youir life. Just please let me say what I need to say he says.

Fine I say and we both sit on the floor. I know what I did to your mom was not right or cool. I would never think about doing that again. When Constance was mean or with some guy, I would go downstairs and talk to Nora. She would be able to cheer me up and make me smile. I always told her how I wished she was my mother. She was the only thing that could make me happy until Addy came along.

She would always ask what I wanted and she would get it for me if she could. I always wanted to repay her for that, for making me happy. So one day I asked her what she wanted and she said her baby. I told her that I would do anything I could to get her a baby. She was the only happiness I had as a child and all I wanted to do was make her happy. The gay couple that lived here right before you was going to adopt a baby, but then they started having problems and decided not to get a baby.

Therefore, they were no use to help Nora so they were no use to me. Nora was like my second mother, but she treated me better than my actual mother. I was just so determined to get her what she wanted that's all. So when you guys moved in, Nora told me what to do to your mom. I listened and did it, for her, for Nora.

At the time I was completely different. I was lost and I realize now how not cool that was and not fair to any person to have that happen. I regret it everyday since and I'm sorry. As for those murders I commited, like I just said I was lost and a different person. But Violet, you have to understand that the world is terrible. It is a goddamn filthy horrible place. At the time I thought I was doing them a favor by bringing them away from this terrible world and to a better, safer place.

I have payed three long years for what I have done and everyday I think about the things I've done and regret each and every one. At the time I thought I was doing them good, but know I don't understand how I did that, why I would do that to people. I'm sorry Violet, I truely am, for everything. You didn't deserve anything bad to happen to you or your family, he finishes.

The whole time I was looking down at the ground. When I finally look up and meet eye contact with him, I see it. The pain, guilt, sorrow that he has felt. I know he is truley sorry for everything and he knows what he has done is wrong, but did he pay long enough for it? I still don't know if he has or if he ever will. A tear slips out of his eye and he gets up. Goodbye Vilolet, Forever, he says. And with that he is gone.