Chapter 20

When I pull away from the kiss Tate smiles at me. A smile that makes me melt in side.

Come on. Let's go sit down, Tate says. When you walk closer to the gazebo, you see that there are tons of blankets laid down on the floor of the gazebo so it is not as hard.

Tate, this is amazing, I say. So, I'm guessing you like it, Tate says sitting down along with me. I love it, Tate, I say.

I smile at him and he smiles back. What music do you want to hear, he asks. What, I say confused. He moves and I can see he took my iPod dock that plays music.

Oh, I laugh. Um, Nirvana, I say. Okay, he says and he puts on In Bloom, the first song.

We lean against the supports and Tate puts his arm around me. Have you ever carved a pumpkin, Tate asks. No, I reply. Have you, I ask.

No, but it seems kinda fun, don't you think, Tate says. Yea, I guess, I respond. Would you ever want to try it, Tate asks.

Yea, at least once I would, I say. Well, what if you could, Tate asks. What do you mean, I ask. Well, I finally got Chad to cave and he said we could carve one together, Tate says.

Really, I ask. Yep, tomorrow. You want to do it, he asks. Yea, of course, I reply. So, are you excited for Halloween, Tate asks.

Yea. I would be even more excited if I knew where we are going, I say. It's not really a surprise actually because you know where this place is, Tate says.

Okay, so then you can tell me where we are going then if it is not a surprise, I say. Ummm, No, Tate says and smiles at me.

I still can't believe you did all of this, I say looking around. Anything for you, Tate says. This is amazing, I say and smile towards him.

I lean in and kiss him. We stay kissing for a while, until I start to get tired. I pull away. I'm tired. Can we go to sleep, I ask Tate.

Yea sure, Tate says. He lays down on his back. Come one, he says. I lay down right next to him and he wraps his arm around me.

The ground is actually really soft, I say and Tate chuckles. I know, I tested it out first, Tate says. Tate pecks me softly on the lips.

Goodnight Vi, I love you, Tate says. Goodnight Tate, I love you too, I say.

And I drift off to sleep.