Chapter 28

There is still one place I didn't look, the basement. So I turn on my heel out of the living room and towards the basement door.

Once I reach the door, I turn the knob and walk down the stairs. I walk through the basement and go to place Tate usually is at.

Tate, I call.

Nothing. No response.

Tate, I call again.

Still nothing.

As I make my way over to the back of the basement, I see him. There is Tate standing with his eyes wide and mouth parted slightly.

Tate, what's the matter with you why wouldn't you answer me, I was worried sick, I say making my way over to him only to shove him a little.

He looks at me his eyes wild.

Violet, I didn't hear you, he responds breathing heavily.

Tate where did you go, I ask calmly now.

He grabs my arm and drags me upstairs to our room. Once we get there, he sits on the floor and he brings me with him cause he is still holding on to my arm for dear life.

Tate, what the hell is wrong, I say getting agitated.

Please believe me. I know this is gonna sound really crazy and messed up and fake, but I really need you to just believe me. Please, Tate says.

Tate, just tell me what happened, I say to him.

Okay well when I stormed out the dining room, trying to get away from...um...him, I just wanted to clear my head.

Plus I just couldn't bear to be in the same room as him. So I walked out of there and I soon began running down the basement stairs.

When I was on my way towards the very back of the basement, the place I usually go, I turned my head to make sure you weren't following me.

Well when I turned my head, it was too late. I ran into the wall. But instead of me just hitting my head and bouncing backwards, I went through the wall.

I went somewhere Vi, but I don't know where, Tate says to me.