Chapter 22

We go back inside and up to our room. Tate puts on Nirvana and Come As You Are starts playing.

We listen to a couple more songs after that. After the songs, I say I am going to go take a shower and peck Tate in the lips.

I go threw my clothes draw and pick out an outfit. Next, I walk out and the get a towel. Then, I walk into the bathroom and start the shower.

I put my clothes down on the counter, put the toilet seat down, and put my clothes on the closed toilet seat.

Once the shower water temperature is perfect, I take off my clothes and get in.

Fifteen minutes later:

I turn the shower off and wrap the towel around me. Once I dry off, I put my clothes on. When I'm done putting my clothes, I dry off my hair.

Then, I brush my hair and get all the tangles out. When I'm done in The bathroom, I walk back into our room.

I see Tate playing Chess on the floor. When he sees me, he stands up and walks over to me.

I'm going to take a shower too. You can continue playing Chess where I left off if you want, he says.

Okay, yea,I say.

He takes my face in his hands and gently kisses me for a few minutes. He pulls away and walks out of the room to go take a shower.

Five minutes later:

My hair is starting to dry. I finished the game of chess that Tate started. I am now laying on my head on my back when Tate walks in.

You take short showers, I say to Tate. And you take long showers, Tate says to me making both of us laugh.

Want to go play with Beauraguard, I ask. Yea, sure, he says. We walk down the hall and pull down the stairs.

Tate walks up the stairs first, then me. When he gets up, he turns around and helps me up.

Beau, I call out. He rolls his red ball over to us. I stop it with my foot. I sit down and grab the ball.

Beau comes out where we can both see him and I roll the ball over to him while Tate sits down next to me.

Beau rolls the ball back this time to Tate, which he rolls back to him. We continue to roll it back and forth for an hour.

When we put the stairs back up we go downstairs. Right now it is one in the afternoon. Come on I want you to try something, Tate says.

Okay, I say. He grabs my hand and we walk out the front door. We walk out to the street.

So you know that the farthest place we can go is the grass and then we get sent back into the house if we go any further.

Well, that is on normal days. Halloween is different, Tate says. He stops in the middle of the street and sits down.

What are you doing, I ask. Just trust me, he says. He then lays down flat on his back bringing me with him.

So now there are two people in the middle of the street laying on their backs flat. This probably looks suicidal.

I like to think that in a way we are mocking the house, Tate says looking over towards me.

Because if we tried to step a foot in the street on a normal day. We would get sent back in.

Today is Halloween and us stepping in the street and laying down on it seems like we are undermining it and in a way mocking it.

Shoving it right in the houses face that we may be trapped three hundred and sixty four days a year, but it will never have full control of us.

It's kinda like a slap in the face, Tate finishes and smiles showing his teeth. I laugh a little bit and smile.

I like that, it's a pretty deep thought, I say to Tate still smiling. Tate grabs my hand again and laces his fingers with mine.

We both close our eyes and breath in the warm air of Los Angeles. We are free. I can literally smell freedom in the air.

We lay there in the middle of the street, on our backs, breathing in the air with our eyes closed,together, and while all at the same time, mocking the murder house.

----------------------------------------------
AN

This is only part two. There will be more parts to their Halloween day.

Anyways...

IT'S EVAN THOMAS PETERS 28TH BIRTHDAY (a.k.a. my husband)

I updated today because it was his birthday.

Hope you like this chapter