Chapter Six

"Turn your head a little bit more to the left Mitsuki."

Obediently, a boy with artistically arranged, messy black hair and stormy gray eyes turned his head to the left. He was slouching against a wall with his hands in the pockets of a pair of torn black jeans. Black army boots, a gray vest worn over a white t-shirt, and a silver chain necklace completed the look. Currently he was gazing into a camera with a defiant frown on his face that made him look a bit wild. Girls were attracted to that sort of thing. Or at least, that's what Keiko had told him.

"Okay, that's perfect! Just a couple more shots and we'll be done for the day."

Mitsuki stayed perfectly still as the cameraman took a few more pictures of him. Once it was over, he walked off the set and headed towards a woman standing a few feet away.

"You were great today Mitsuki! It's no wonder that you're one of the agency's top models." She said while handing him a water bottle.

Shrugging, Mitsuki accepted the water. "It's not that hard. I just have to pretend that I'm a pretentious heartthrob and everything goes smoothly."

The woman grinned in amusement. "I know, but young girls love it!"

The woman Mitsuki was talking to was his manager, Keiko Nakamura. She was in her late forties and her black hair was starting to get a few streaks of gray but her dark brown eyes were always full of energy. Since she worked at one of the most successful modeling agencies, IMA, all of that energy was definitely needed.

"Let's head back to the office as soon as you've changed into some normal clothes."

Mitsuki nodded and headed over to the dressing rooms. After locking the door to make sure that none of the female staff members "accidentally" walked in on him he quickly changed into a pair of baggy jeans and a hoodie. Mitsuki then fit a baseball cap snugly over his black hair. The clothes would hopefully make it more difficult for his fans to recognize him as he left the studio. Dealing with adoring girls had never been his forte.

Once he was done changing Mitsuki headed over to Keiko. They exited the studio and walked over to her car. Fortunately for Mitsuki there weren't very many people around and no one recognized him. Sliding into the passenger seat, Mitsuki spent the drive over to the office in silence.

"I have some work I need to get done before I can leave the office today." Keiko said as they pulled up. "Can you call someone to give you a ride home?"

"No one would come even if I did call." Mitsuki said impassively. "I think I'll probably just run home."

"Are you sure? That could be dangerous!"

The worried tone in Keiko's voice made Mitsuki tense up. He wasn't used to people worrying about him and had no idea how to respond. So instead, he fell back to his natural state of indifference.

"I'll be fine. It's not that late yet and the sun is still out. Besides, I'm a fast runner."

By the tone of his voice it would have been impossible to tell that he was disconcerted but Keiko somehow knew anyway because she turned and ruffled his hair.

"Don't be upset Mitsuki! You know that worrying about you is part of my job!"

Mitsuki didn't bother to reply. Instead he just slipped out of the car and headed towards the agency. Imamura Modeling Agency was extremely succesful. Almost all of the models produced by IMA were wildly successful and Mitsuki was no exception. As he enteredthe building several people shouted greetings to him. The most they got in response was a small nod but they were used to it. Mitsuki was never rude, but he seemed to like keeping to himself. Keiko on the other hand greeted everyone cheerfully and took time to ask about their lives. Everyone at the office loved her.