Chapter Thirty-Three

Hello everyone! I just want you to know that I seriously considered everyone's comments about doing Mori's POV for my last chapter. I weighed everyone's opinions and in the end, I decided that instead of doing a full chapter, it might be better to just add a small part at the end of chapter thirty-two in his point of view. So if you want to go back and read that, feel free. But if you're fine without it, that's cool too. I hope you enjoy this chapter.

*******

Kagami paced back and forth nervously. She was at the front entrance of the school, waiting for Hotaru to show up. Part of her couldn't believe she was actually doing this. The fact that she was Mitsuki was a secret that she had fought so hard to protect. She had gone to extreme lengths to make sure that her parents never found out what she actually did at her job. Lying about it had become second nature to her. And here she was, about to tell everything to someone she had only known for a few months.

Honestly, Kagami never thought she would get to a point where she could trust someone else with such an important secret. If Hotaru ever decided to tell someone else, Kagami could be in serious trouble, especially if her parents heard about it. But Kagami knew that Hotaru would never do something like that.

But she wasn't as certain about how Hotaru would react. She might be seriously angry if she found out the truth. And Kagami didn't know if she would be able to deal with that. Since she had never really had friends before, she had absolutely no idea what to do to make up with someone who was angry at her. Kagami knew that her people skills were less than adequate, so she could very possibly make things worse. Still, after everything Hotaru had done for her, she deserved to know the truth.

Hearing soft footsteps approaching her, Kagami turned around, her heart speeding up slightly. "Hey Hotaru." She said casually, making sure there was nothing in her demeanor that would show how nervous she was.

"Hi Kagami!" Hotaru chirped, smiling brightly. "Sorry I was a bit late, I had to deliver something to the teacher's office."

"Don't worry about it." Kagami said with a shrug. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yep!" Hotaru said enthusiastically. "I'm really excited to finally find out what your secret is. You were so tight-lipped during lunch today. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get you to say a word!"

"That's because you're not devious enough to trick me into spilling my secrets." Kagami said, a teasing note in her voice.

"I guess I should have tried thinking more like Hikaru and Kaoru." Hotaru said with a sigh.

"I'm insulted that you think they have the capability to get me to tell them anything." Kagami said derisively.

Hotaru gave a soft laugh. "Sorry." She said. "But they're more intelligent than you give them credit for."

"If you say so." Kagami said with a shrug. "Now come on, we should get going or we're going to be late."

"Late for what?" Hotaru asked innocently.

"Nice try." Kagami said with a smile.

"It was worth a shot." Hotaru replied.

Kagami smiled and opened the door to her limo, allowing Hotaru to go in ahead of her. She had made it very clear to her driver that today, she didn't need him to open the door for her. She didn't want him eavesdropping on any conversation she might have had with Hotaru. Even though she had never had problems with him reporting to her parents, she still wasn't willing to take the risk.

After Kagami slid in next to Hotaru, her driver pulled away from the school. And suddenly, she was feeling nervous again. They were on their way to Imamura. Hotaru was going to meet Keiko and discover that Kagami and Mitsuki were the same person. And Kagami still hadn't been able to figure out the most likely way that Hotaru would react. She just kept going through the worst possible scenarios in her mind and it wasn't helping to calm her down at all.