Chapter Twenty

Whoever created physical exams deserved to die a terrible death. Kagami fought back a groan as she stood up from her desk, preparing to follow the rest of the class down to the health room. She really hated these things. It was ridiculous how absolutely fake they were. And they were a complete waste of money since everyone at the school already had their own personal doctors. It didn't make sense to pay for a bunch of medical professionals to be brought into the school just to spend a few hours pampering the students. They had better things to do with their time, like helping people who were actually sick.

Ahead of her Hikaru and Kaoru were talking with Haruhi. They were saying something about how physical exams weren't different here than at any other school. Kagami stopped herself from snorting in disgust. That was the biggest lie she had ever heard in her life. At that exact moment they walked through the doors to the health room and were greated by two long rows of doctors and nurses.

"Welcome students!" They all chimed in unison. The look of shock on Haruhi's face was priceless.

"It's just as painfully awful as it looks." Kagami said, coming up behind her.

Haruhi turned around and opened her mouth to say something when she was interrupted.

"Mr. Fujioka," A chipper brunette nurse said, "I'm your nurse for the physical exams this afternoon."

"Okay." Haruhi said, sounding completely overwhelmed.

"Please," the nurse said, grabbing Haruhi by the wrist, "come this way!"

Kagami watched her being dragged away and felt a mix of amusement and empathy for the other girl. These physical exams were definitely not something a normal person would be used to.

"Why are Honey and Mori dressed as doctors?"

The question caught Kagami's attention and she turned. There, definitely dressed like doctors, were Honey and Mori. They stuck out like a sore thumb and Kagami had to fight the smile trying to force its way onto her face. Was this supposed to be some sort of Host Club event? If it was, thank goodness Kyoya hadn't wanted Mitsuki to attend. She didn't think her pride would allow her to dress up in something so ridiculous.

At that moment Mori looked over and saw her staring at him and Honey. It might have been her imagination but she could have sworn that he blushed a little. She didn't have time to affirm it though because he quickly turned away from her.

"Excuse me, Miss Tsukino," A curly haired blond nurse walked up to Kagami with a cheery smile plastered onto her face. "I'll be your nurse for the physical exam this afternoon. Please follow me."

Obediently, Kagami started walking behind the nurse, resigning herself to an afternoon of torture. As she walked she couldn't help but notice one of the doctors as he walked past her. He didn't seem quite right. His hair was unruly and definitely in need of a cut and he had stubble on his chin. His posture was also slouched and he had large bags underneath his eyes. Kagami was immediately suspicious of him. She knew that the chairman would never hire someone with such a sloppy appearance, no matter how qualified a doctor he was, to examine the students of this school. After all they were rich kids who would probably be offended to have someone who was so obviously a commoner come anywhere near them. Kagami had a feeling that the doctor, whoever he was, didn't really belong here.

Stopping, she turned around to go question the doctor about what he was doing here but a crowd of girls got in her way. They all seemed to be watching something intently and wouldn't move to let her through. Kagami tried to fight her way through them but regretted it immediately when she saw what they were all so worked up about.

"Hitachiin brothers," A nurse said to the twins, "would you please come with me? We're ready to do your chest measurements. You can use the area behind this curtain to undress."