Chapter Forty-Five

Hello everyone! I just want to say that I'm sorry that it's been such a long time since I've published a new chapter. I've been struggling with really bad migraines lately that have been making it really hard for me to write. There was a period of about three weeks were I constantly had a headache or migraine and I couldn't write anything during that time because of how much pain I was in.

Anyways, I'm really, really sorry that I haven't been publishing chapters. I've been trying to get in to see a neurologist, and hopefully things will get better after that.

Thank you to all of my readers who have stuck with me for this long. You guys are awesome, and I'm sorry that you've had to be so patient. You guys are the best! I hope you enjoy this chapter!

(Also, I would like to dedicate this chapter to MatPat and Stephanie. Ironically enough, I was watching their play-through of Sophie's Curse while I was writing this chapter).

*******

This was going to be so much fun! Now that Kagami actually had a plan for revenge, she had to fight to keep a bounce from her step. With Mori's help, Kagami was going to ensure that the rest of Hikaru, Kaoru, and Kyoya's week was absolutely miserable. The menacing grin that split Kagami's face made more than a few students rapidly move out of her way as she walked down the hallway towards her classroom.

The grin instantly faded as she saw her desk though. Sitting on top of it was a small box with a bow on top. Approaching it with some trepidation, Kagami quickly opened the box and revealed the contents. What she saw made her widen her eyes in incredulous shock.

Inside the box was a bracelet. A hideous, tacky, very expensive looking bracelet. It was a large, round, golden bracelet studded with small emeralds in a manner that was probably designed more to show off wealth than to be stylish. It was also a bracelet that almost nothing in the world, besides her father, could have coerced Kagami into wearing it. For one thing, Kagami preferred silver to gold, although there were some pieces of jewelry that were the exception to that. For another thing, the piece was big and designed to be shown off. Kagami favored jewelry that was more subtle, and elegant instead of gaudy. 

Although Kagami knew exactly where the hideous bracelet had come from, she was still surprised that Kyoya thought she would like something like this. She was actually astonished that he had chosen this bracelet at all. He had style, and even if he wasn't familiar with women's jewelry, Kagami was still pretty sure that he would recognize the gaudiness of the bracelet and reject it. So Kagami was a little curious to hear the story behind how the hideous bracelet had managed to end up on her desk.

Closing the box, Kagami put it inside her bag and let out a heavy sigh. Since Kyoya hadn't stayed to determine her reaction to the gift, she was going to have to find time to return it to him.

"That was a pretty impressive bracelet." Kagami turned towards Haruhi, who was staring at her with mild curiosity. 

"Impressively ugly." Kagami said. "Honestly, I really don't understand some of the fashion choices rich people make."

Haruhi snorted. "I just don't understand rich people in general."

"That makes two of us." Kagami replied.

Haruhi looked thoughtful for a moment before she gave  Kagami a rueful grin. "You now, coming from anyone else I would have considered that sentence to be very hypocritical, but from you, I actually believe it."

"Thanks." Kagami said with a grin. "I'm glad you don't put me in the class of 'rich kids'."

Haruhi gave her a grin. "You're way too practical to be a rich kid. And you drink instant coffee like it's coffee and not some poor people's wonder of the world."