Chapter Twenty-Two

How had this happened again? Kagami once again stood in front of Music Room 3 wondering how Hotaru had managed to talk her into coming back here. Her last experience with the host club hadn't exactly left her with a good impression. And yet here she was, getting ready to walk right back into the madness. Hotaru had just looked so excited, and she'd asked in that quiet, hopeful way of hers, and Kagami had caved.

Sighing, she walked into the room with Hotaru. This time, they came late enough to avoid the swarm of screaming girls, which she was extremely grateful. As they entered, the first thing Kagami saw was Tamaki. He was wearing an elaborate kimono and had put an extension in his hair to give himself a ponytail. Three girls were staring at him avidly and had deep blushes on their faces.

"Oh Tamaki," one sighed, "my dearest Tamaki, why are you so beautiful?"

"I'm hoping to catch your eye." Tamaki replied in a silky voice. "Even if for just one second."

"And why is your voice so very sweet and mellow?" Another girl asked with baited breath.

"To set your nerves at ease so that my true feelings might reach your heart." He gave her a dazzling smile.

"Why are your eyes filled with tears every time you look at me?" The third girl asked.

Tamaki smoothed his hair back and Kagami saw that his eyes were indeed filled with tears. "Because the sight of your beautiful smile," he said, his voice slightly shaky, "causes the fountain inside me to start overflowing."

"Oh Tamaki." The three girls sighed, completely enraptured.

Kagami almost choked. Why on earth did they actually fall for such disgustingly cheesy lines? Turning away from the nauseating scene in front of her, her eyes then fell on Hikaru and Kaoru. They were wearing matching kimonos and each had their inside hand resting with a palm against their faces.

"I think it's adorable that you're wearing matching kimonos!" A girl sitting across from them squealed.

"Our mother designed everything the hosts are wearing today." Hikaru said smugly. "If you see something you like we can take an order for you."

"Our grandmother even helped us put them on." Kaoru added with a smile.

Suddenly they got really close to each other and Hikaru placed a hand under Kaoru's chin, bringing his face up so that they were mere inches apart.

"But you know that the only one who will be undressing you is me, Kaoru." Hikaru said in a husky voice. Their faces were way too close at this point.

Kaoru's eyes became teary. "Hikaru," he said, turning away, "you're embarrassing me in front of everybody."

The girls watching them squealed excitedly. Kagami thought they were being ridiculous. She turned to Hotaru, a frown on her face.

"I'm leaving." She said. "I can't stand to watch anymore of this."

Hotaru became slightly panicked at that. "Please don't!" She cried. "There's no way I could stay here without you!" This time Hotaru was the one who teared up.

In the face of tears Kagami was helpless. "Sorry! I didn't really mean it! I'll stay."

Instantly Hotaru cheered up. "Thank you so much! I'll definitely pay you back for this somehow!"

"Don't worry about it." Kagami gave her a small smile.

Hotaru gave her a much bigger smile in return and then glanced over Kagami's shoulder. Her eyes widened in delight. "Look, there's Honey!" She exclaimed. "He looks just as adorable as he did last time."