Chapter Fifty-Three

Kagami sighed as she walked through the halls of Ouran. She had a serious problem and she wasn't entirely sure how she was going to solve it. When she had been given permission to start her garden club, she had been so excited, and her mind had been filled with possibilities as to what she could plant. Unfortunately, she may have been a little overzealous in her excitement, and now, she was spending far more time tending to her plants than she had expected. Although Kagami didn't mind the hard work, it was taking up time that she needed to be spending on other things, like studying and her job. In fact, she had just spent over an hour and a half in the greenhouse caring for all of the different plants there. She needed to find more people to become members of the gardening club to help lighten the workload. Unfortunately, with her as club president, nobody else would come within fifty feet of the greenhouse.

Sighing again, Kagami continued down the hall, knowing that she would probably never find anyone interested in joining the gardening club. She was so deep in her thoughts, something that was happening far too often these days, that she didn't notice the red haired fashion disaster coming the opposite way down the hallway until they crashed into each other.

After stumbling back a few steps, Kagami regained her balance and looked up, an apology ready on her lips, but it froze when her eyes comprehended what exactly she was looking at. A boy stood before her with red hair that fell to his shoulders. It was styled in dreadlocks and looked absolutely awful. He wore blue sunglasses that covered his eyes and there was a pink band-aid with three white stars on his left cheek. The most horrid, fringed green scarf with yellow polka dots hung around his neck. And in his left arm he carried a teddy bear that looked very, very familiar. Kagami had seen Tamaki carrying around that teddy bear before, calling it Kuma-chan or something stupid like that. Which meant that, most likely, this boy's horrible appearance was entirely the fault of the host club.

Even though he loomed over her, the boy looked so indescribably ridiculous that Kagami's hands started twitching. She wanted to draw him.

Once that thought crossed her mind, Kagami became determined to do exactly that. She had some drawing supplies in the greenhouse. If she brought the boy there, not only could she draw him, but she could also fix him before anyone saw the walking fashion disaster that the host club had made out of him. She would be killing two birds with one stone.

Now she just had to figure out how to get this boy to go to the greenhouse with her. He didn't look like the type who would cooperate if she simply asked him to let her draw him. And there was no way she could just drag him there. In a contest of pure strength, she would be no match for him. Of course, she could probably knock him out, but then there would still be the issue of dragging his limp body to the greenhouse. He looked heavy. So that left only one option: intimidation. She would just scare him into compliance.

With these thoughts whirling rapidly through her mind, Kagami barely even heard the mumbled apology that the redheaded boy offered to her. She took a moment to compose herself, to wipe all trace of emotion from her face and ensure that she was exuding an aura that was cold and forbidding, before she looked up at her poor, unsuspecting victim.

The redhead was immediately frozen under the intensity of Kagami's chilling blue gaze. Good. Kagami began to advance upon her target and his sharp eyes widened in fear. He began to scramble away from her, but he backed himself into a wall. There was no escape. Even though the boy was much taller than her, as Kagami approached him, he cowered down, trying to become as small as possible, and Kagami had to fight back a smile at how ridiculous he looked, especially with that teddy bear in his arms.

As soon as she was close enough, Kagami placed her hand on the wall next to the boy's head, leaning in slightly so that he could clearly see the threat in her eyes. The redhead shivered.