Chapter Fifty-Six

Kagami wanted to run away and hide somewhere no one would ever be able to find her. What on earth had possessed her? Why had she thought that putting those stupid cat ears on would be a good apology to Ritsu? Certainly, there had been a small part of her that had just really, really wanted to put the cat ears on, after all, they were pretty cute, but that was a part of herself that she should have been able to ignore. The fact that she hadn't was a clear indicator to Kagami that she needed to start disciplining herself more. But thanks to her lack of self-discipline, Kagami  was now stuck in Mori's arms, something she was trying very hard not to think about, with those stupid cat ears perched on her head, while a boy who looked vaguely familiar was staring at her from the entrance to the host club. Letting someone she didn't really know see her looking so ridiculous was awful enough, but the fact that she had no way to escape, Mori's grip on her was too good, was even worse. But Kagami refused to show any of her embarrassment on her face, so she forced herself to keep her chin up and her expression calm as she stared steadily back at the boy.

He really did look familiar. That long, sandy brown hair, the big gray eyes, and gentle persona, they were tugging at her memory.  Where had she seen him before? For some reason, looking at him was making her think of rain.

Kagami realized that she had been staring for far too long when a shout from Ritsu brought her focus back to the room. The redhead was running out the door, the maid costume he had been wearing over his costume nothing but a heap on the floor, and his face bright red in embarrassment, the familiar looking boy chasing after him. And since Kagami had been too focused on figuring out who the boy was, she had no idea what was going on. However, she did know that Ritsu had looked extremely upset as he ran away.

Since he was her first club member, Kagami felt somewhat protective of him. She also didn't want him to be too embarrassed to show up for club activities, so she decided to look for the redhead and try to comfort him. Besides, if her suspicion that he was the one being targeted was right, Ritsu could actually be in trouble, so him being on his own definitely wasn't a good idea.

Kagami gave Mori a soft tap on the chest in order to get his attention. He looked down at her, a silent question in his unfathomable gray eyes.

"Put me down?" Kagami asked.

Mori looked startled for a moment before a sheepish expression came over his face. He gave her a small nod and then gently set her down on the ground. Kagami was extremely relieved that not only was she free from that embarrassing princess hold, but also that she now had some more distance between her and Mori. She had been extremely startled when he had swooped her into his arms and for some reason, while he was holding her she just hadn't been able to get her heart to calm down.

Smoothing out the skirt of her uniform, Kagami was about to head out of the classroom when she remembered that the cat ears were still perched on top of her head. That in turn reminded her that there was something else she had to get done before she left the club room.

Taking off the cat ears, Kagami walked towards Hikaru and Kaoru and lifted them up so they were at eye level, a deceptively sweet smile on her lips. Hikaru and Kaoru were looking at her with curiosity, but their looks soon morphed into fear as Kagami ruthlessly snapped them in two, the sound echoing through the room, before dropping them on the floor at the twin's feet.

"If you don't delete those pictures you took, this will be you." Kagami said as she allowed the smile to fall from her face and instead gave the twins a threatening glare.

Then Kagami walked out of the room, determined to find her redheaded club member.

*******

Ritsu's POV:

Ritsu wanted nothing more than to disappear. He couldn't believe that Tetsuya had seen him wearing that stupid maid outfit! Being caught in such a humiliating situation was bad enough, but then Ritsu made it worse by running away. He was the heir to the Kasanoda syndicate! He wasn't supposed to run from anything, and the fact that he had fled from one of the members of his group was even more shameful! Ritsu knew that Tetsuya wouldn't tell anyone about what happened today, he wasn't that kind of person, but that wouldn't stop Ritsu from feeling self-conscious the next time he saw the brunette.