Chapter Sixteen

(Mori's POV):

Mori whirled around the ballroom with a petite blond who was blushing madly. He didn't notice though. Mori was far too busy making sure that Mitsukuni was alright. His cousin was twirling frantically around with a brunette and laughing madly. With the way that he was hurtling around he could get seriously hurt. Mori wanted nothing more than to go over and pull his cousin to safety but he couldn't do something so rude as abandoning his partner. So instead, he settled for keeping a watchful eye on the spinning boy. When the dance finally ended and Mitsukuni emerged unscathed, he almost let out a sigh of relief. Bowing to the still blushing blond, he walked over to his cousin.

"Mitsukuni." He said in a deep rumble. "You should be more careful when you dance."

"Don't worry Takashi!" He exclaimed cheerfully. "Dancing like that really isn't as dangerous as it looks."

"Hn." Mori replied, silently showing his disagreement.

Mitsukuni just laughed and ran over to the buffet table to eat some cake while Mori followed silently after. He watched as his cousin devoured a slice of cake in two bites and gave the barest hint of a smile. A delighted shriek interrupted the tranquility of the moment but Mori assumed it was just Tamaki causing a stir. But then Mitsukuni looked in the direction of the shriek and his eyes widened in surprise.

"Look Takashi!" He called. "A really pretty boy just walked in with Hota-chan!"

Obediently he turned to look. Walking through the ballroom entrance was their classmate Wakahisa. And next to her was the boy Mitsukuni had been talking about. He really was pretty. The boy's dark hair was spiked gently showing off the delicate angles of his face. His skin seemed to be as white as cream and stormy gray eyes gazed through a pair of long lashes. For a second Mori thought that maybe the boy was actually a cross-dresser like Haruhi but he immediately discarded that idea. It was ridiculous.

"I wonder why the girls are so excited to see him. He doesn't go to our school." Mitsukuni tapped his chin thoughtfully and then broke out in a grin. "I'm going to go ask someone!"

Mitsukuni bounced up to a group of girls who were whispering and pointing towards the new arrival. And once again, Mori followed softly behind.

"Hi ladies!" Mitsukuni chirped.

"Oh, hello Honey!" A redhead smiled adoringly down at him.

"I was wondering if you knew who the boy was that just walked in. I've never seen him before." Mitsukuni gave them one of his most charming smiles.

"His name is Mitsuki." The redhead said with a sigh. "He's a famous model. I can't believe that he's here at Ouran! I would give anything to take a picture with him!"

The rest of the girls sighed in agreement. So he was a model. Mori glanced over at Mitsuki, who was now waltzing with Wakahisa, and frowned. The more he looked at the boy the more he got this nagging feeling that he knew him. But that couldn't be. Mori was fairly certain he would remember meeting a model. So why did Mitsuki look so familiar to him?

"What's the matter Takashi?" Mitsukuni was looking up at him in concern.

"Nothing." Mori replied.

He gave his cousin a pat on the head to let him know that he really was fine. He would put the model out of his mind for now. After all, it was his responsibility to worry about Mitsukuni, not the other way around.

"Okay." Mitsukuni grinned. "Let's go get some cake!"

They walked back to the buffet table and Mori watched with concern as his cousin devoured two cakes in five minutes. Mitsukuni could usually eat three cakes in five minutes. Was he feeling ill? Did he overexert himself by dancing so much? With a frown Mori continued to observe Mitsukuni even more closely than before. But when his cousin ate a record of twenty-eight cupcakes in three minutes he relaxed. Mitsukuni was fine.